• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Toilet Paper By Pass filter

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
LOL Back in the 60's we started to put the Frantz filters on our farm equiptment as bypass filtration. Never once had a problem with them as long as you used 1 ply paper. 2 ply tends to channel. I am thinking about doing this on my 2018 EcoDiesel. LOL, for $5.00 you can have filters for life.
1602947711697.png

I had a track layer with a GMC 4-71 engine with a 3 roll filtration system on it for well over 20 years, Never had issues with it channeling etc. My dad put on a single roll filter to replace the factory filter on his '62 Chevy 4 door and his '63 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. I think as a bypass this would be a good system.
Now, once you are done laughing, how about thoughts!

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I stopped reading at Toilet paper... :D
LOL
I am definately ordering one soon. I'll mount it in front of the engine under the radiator area. Pretty safe there and easy to access. Possibly even some extra cooling effect on the oil.

Check it out. https://www.toiletpaperoilfilter.com/the-new-refiner.html

BTW. I used these long ago under the name Franz filters. My dad had them on lots of equiptment. A roll on single ply TP is pretty cheap. Many say these can channel and no filtrate. That may be true if you use 2 ply, I'm not sure, I've only used them with single ply orfice cleaning paper. I wish they still made multi roll units. A single roll unit probably would need to be replaced every oil change.

Last edited:

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
And just like oil threads we could compare TP of choice They give you recommendation: https://www.toiletpaperoilfilter.com/recommended-tp.html

They do make kits for the Duramax trucks. If there was enough interest they may make a kit for the ecodiesel.

On mine I'll access the port on the front passenger side behind the air cleaner and tap into the oil fill tube for the return line.
This is a USA company with Vets running it. I very seldom use the term asswipe and Patriot in the same sentence, but will make an exception here.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hmmmm, I will wait for some oil analysis to come back from some other users! Looks really cool though.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I spoke with him in regard to usage by 3.0 users. He said he has sold a number of them for our engine. He is currently dealing with someone in Morroco who wants to be a distributor and use them on the military version of the 3.0.

Here is a older version of the filter on a Cummings. He has test results as well.

On Bobstheoilguy theres a guy with a VW who never changes oil, just filters. I don't suggest this.

Do some searching. I found a number of viseos where folks were replacing their Amsoil by pass with these due to the cost of the filter. Hopefully in the next couple months I'll get one installed on my 2018.
BTW, if we get a large enough base of Toilet Paper By Pass Filter members we can have a good forum exchange on what toilet paper is best, sort of like the SYN or Dino oil treads of old. :ROFLMAO: