• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tonneau cover for ram box...

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Looking for suggestions on a good tonneau for my truck with ram boxes...would prefer a soft one as I will need to have it out of the way a lot for tall things in the bed.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
While I can't attest for the fitment of the rambox, I can, without a doubt, recommend Truxedo brand based on quality. I have one on my 5'7" regular box and its top notch.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
They definitely seem to be top ranked...but damn a tarp for that much money is still crazy to me

Rivercityjack

May 30, 2015
Truck Year
I have the short box on my EcoDiesel with the RamBoxes and ended up making my own. It wasn't too difficult and cost less than 100 bucks. The nice thing about it is you can stand on it, sit on it, put a chair up on it and look out over the world. It even looks like a factory setup. I used a good grade of 5/8" plywood. 1 - 4 foot section toward the front of the box near the cab. Framed the underside with 2 inch x 3/4 inch oak boards on the perimeter and attached a metal strip on the bottom so that it can slide off when the rear section if removed and the tail gate is open.

The rear section is approx. 17 inches wide and buts up against the tail gate. It also is framed with oak strips. The sections are covered in marine grade vinyl and simply stapled to the plywood on the inside. The attaching hardware keeps the top on in the wind, and also protects from theft when the tailgate is locked. It does not interfere with the Ramboxes.

Attachments

• DSC_0289.JPG
    DSC_0289.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0290.JPG
    DSC_0290.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0292.JPG
    DSC_0292.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0293.JPG
    DSC_0293.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 30

Rivercityjack

May 30, 2015
Truck Year
Looking for suggestions on a good tonneau for my truck with ram boxes...would prefer a soft one as I will need to have it out of the way a lot for tall things in the bed.
I have described one I made. It is described later down the thread. It removes easily in the event you need to use the full box and will stand on the inside of the box when needed.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nice work. Looks like a quality aftermarket part.