• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Towing Assistance

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
I know I can look and I'm sure I will find a thread but anyways here's the question. I just stepped up and got a new travel trailer (6,000 lbs dry, 700 lb tongue weight) and noticed my truck is squatting more than it did with our old TT. I've towed the new trailer already and it does just fine where adding bags isn't totally necessary, but I'm still going to add something for peace of mind.

Has anyone used these towing bags before with much success?

Air Lift 1000 Air Bag Kits - https://www.realtruck.com/air-lift-...0+Air+Bag+Kits&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
I put some of those in a buddies 1500 hemi. Very easy install and not expensive. Before hooking up to the trailer air the bags up to 35 psi and then deflate to your desired height.

I installed a set of timber grove asam's on my truck. While more expensive...the air bags give me a full 4" of upward travel if needed.

I paired them with the airlift wireless one system for ease of use.

I installed the compressor in my diver side floor compartment to keep it out of the weather.

7a8bef1461d8b6bcf305a7a5f3bab040.jpg

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
Side note...if you go with the system you mentioned...amazon was the cheapest price anywhere.

Capsfloyd

Apr 30, 2017
Truck Year
I know I can look and I'm sure I will find a thread but anyways here's the question. I just stepped up and got a new travel trailer (6,000 lbs dry, 700 lb tongue weight) and noticed my truck is squatting more than it did with our old TT. I've towed the new trailer already and it does just fine where adding bags isn't totally necessary, but I'm still going to add something for peace of mind.

Air Lift 1000 Air Bag Kits - https://www.realtruck.com/air-lift-...0+Air+Bag+Kits&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc

I've had them on my 09 1500. Work good.
My longhorn ecodiesel has the air suspension

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Just installed the Air Lift 1000 system...super easy! Drove with 10psi in the bag (not towing) and didn't really feel a difference in my "normal driving". Will be hooking up the 6k lb.travel trailer this weekend to see how it does towing. Will report back.

Side note, I also installed some Lund 3" running boards and am super pleased with them as well.

Today was a good day...

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just installed the Air Lift 1000 system...super easy! Drove with 10psi in the bag (not towing) and didn't really feel a difference in my "normal driving". Will be hooking up the 6k lb.travel trailer this weekend to see how it does towing. Will report back.

Side note, I also installed some Lund 3" running boards and am super pleased with them as well.

Today was a good day...

Glad to hear! Report back on how it does towing.

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Glad to hear! Report back on how it does towing.
Did great towing. Took all the squat out or the back end, rode level and smooth. I am happy with the purchase.