• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Towing capacity?????

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I just got my 2016 EcoDiesel last month and immediately did the SFT stage 1 ECM and TCM tune a week after picking up the truck. What I'm wonder is if anyone is towing with their EcoDiesel and if so how much are they towing? Wife and I found a 5th wheel trailer we would like to get, but it's 9600 dry weight with a max GVW of 14,400. I know that is a bit over the rated towing capacity, but with us being in the flat midwest, MN to be exact I would think that if we travel to locations with the tanks empty and do hook-up sites I should be fine pulling it with the tune.🤔 Am I off my rocker? I'm new to driving a diesel other than what I've done for work (Class B) so do i strictly follow the GVW or can I stretch it a bit?

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too, but was hoping to hear otherwise because stock the towing capacity is like 7650 which seems low, especially for a diesel when I see 1/2 tons pulling bigger campers pretty regularly in the summer.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
As John said, way too heavy.
And - if you have an accident pulling that load your insurance company will abandon you for being overloaded. I know of two serious accidents where the insurance company refused any reimbursements, physical and medical, because they were towing heavier than the vehicle's rating.

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks... Idea dead. I don't need that.