• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TPMS issues

Mic Tod

Jun 6, 2017
Truck Year
Hello members. My first visit to the forum - hopefully to be able to contribute to the knowledge base and (this visit) to learn about a few things.

Yesterday we bought a 2015 Eco Diesel pickup at a well-known Honda dealer in our area. The truck seems fine, everything except the recurring problem with the tpms and the light associated with it. After leaving the lot the warning sounded then flashed and finally locked on indicating a low tire or malfunction in the TPMS. I returned to the lot and the service people check the tires, all fine and to proper pressure, and then reset the light and the alarm was dismissed. After leaving the lot a second time, the same thing happened again (about 15 miles down the road). I continued on home and called the dealer who then suggested I take it to a local tire shop and all the tire pressures checked again, equalized and the system should reset itself withing about 15-20 miles driving.

I did all that, but the amber warning light never did go off and the tpms system still shows a malfunction on the driver display - there are no numbers showing for any of the tires, only two dashes for each.

Does anyone here have a suggestion or idea? Or can the whole system be bypassed and done away with? Would love to get to the bottom of this issue and I'm certain others out there must have had the same issue at one time or another? Thanks,

Mic

Mic Tod

Jun 6, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks. I'm taking it back to the dealer we bought it from (a Honda dealer) - we bought it used, of course, they aren't selling any more new ones. They called last night to tell me to bring it back in and they will give me a loaner to drive home (70 miles) while they try to fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if they drive it over to the local Chrysler-Dodge dealer's garage for trouble-shooting. I hope you are right - a simple sensor or glitch in the software, but it's not supposed to cost me anything