• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trading in

njoconnor

Mar 1, 2020
Truck Year
Finally got around to registering this morning. Been driving a 2014 EcoD Longhorn since NOV 2014, 84K miles, some air suspension issues (resolved) and a crankshaft positioner failure (also resolved). Best long distance vehicle we've ever owned, hauls stuff too!

Got a call from my salesguy late Saturday afternoon: the new 2020 Longhorn I ordered in January arrived. Between persistent dealer offers to buy the 2014, the salesguy's numbers magic, and the overall improvements in the vehicle, I decided to trade now and get the Gen 3 engine. Drove a Hemi Limited during the negotiations, and was very impressed with the reduced noise and the lower step in height (air suspension). Hopefully closing tomorrow (Truck Month deals). More when it gets here.

Neil
Madison, WI

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Many of Us are Hoping that the 2020 will reach the Bar required for it to survive, Please Keep This Forum updated, and Stay away form 1500diesel.com.

Look forward to you future comments.

njoconnor

Mar 1, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the welcome. Picked up the truck on Monday, scoring 6K in rebates, an 11% dealer discount, and getting 21.5 for my 14(84K miles). Dropped the payment by over $120/month, so spouse is even happier. Details: Longhorn Ecodiesel, Walnut Brown over Mountain Brown/Light Mountain Brown with filigree seats (spouse is a quilter...insisted on those seats), Cold Weather Group, Body Color Bumper, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Longhorn Level 1 Group, 3.92 axle with anti-spin, 33 gal fuel tank, air suspension, trailer brake control, power running boards. At the dealer today for its "spa treatment" (environmental protection package; bought on last 4 vehicles and it does make a difference). Max extended warranty available. No pix till next week, after the Lakeland pickup cap is installed.

Initial driving impressions (77 miles): much quieter all around, especially when cruising; engine is barely audible. A little diesel percolation on acceleration and before warmed up, but less than the 14. Noticeably lower step in height at entry/exit level, almost don't need the running boards. Handling about the same, maybe smoother. Automatic parking brake is nice to have. "Steering" headlights like my old '10 BMW 3 series wagon. Acceleration is better than the 14's pre-AEM, and in town mpg is averaging 22.5+ , regaining all of the lost mpg from the AEM "fix". Big screen and electronics will be a learning work in progress, but the add-ons to the nav package (exit services, easier zooming) are really nice. I miss the gold wheel arch/bumper accents a little, and also miss the folding cargo shelf in the back seat. But the added floor space back there will take 2 acoustic guitar cases side by side, so no real issue. I'm very happy I traded the 14; it was one of my all time favorites, but the EGR issues, the AEM detuning, and delayed fixes convinced me to change out now.

Pix next week. Looking forward to sharing and learning more.

Neil

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I think steering headlights are the ticket! With all the bling in headlights these days - fancy LED designs, super bright projectors, headlights that are 4 square feet on face - it amazes me that a simple sharp turn is still done in the dark by most vehicles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
On My 2019 when you turn the Wheel sharp it lights the direction you are Turning. It effective only at slow speeds -10 or less.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the welcome. Picked up the truck on Monday, scoring 6K in rebates, an 11% dealer discount, and getting 21.5 for my 14(84K miles). Dropped the payment by over $120/month, so spouse is even happier. Details: Longhorn Ecodiesel, Walnut Brown over Mountain Brown/Light Mountain Brown with filigree seats (spouse is a quilter...insisted on those seats), Cold Weather Group, Body Color Bumper, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Longhorn Level 1 Group, 3.92 axle with anti-spin, 33 gal fuel tank, air suspension, trailer brake control, power running boards. At the dealer today for its "spa treatment" (environmental protection package; bought on last 4 vehicles and it does make a difference). Max extended warranty available. No pix till next week, after the Lakeland pickup cap is installed.

Initial driving impressions (77 miles): much quieter all around, especially when cruising; engine is barely audible. A little diesel percolation on acceleration and before warmed up, but less than the 14. Noticeably lower step in height at entry/exit level, almost don't need the running boards. Handling about the same, maybe smoother. Automatic parking brake is nice to have. "Steering" headlights like my old '10 BMW 3 series wagon. Acceleration is better than the 14's pre-AEM, and in town mpg is averaging 22.5+ , regaining all of the lost mpg from the AEM "fix". Big screen and electronics will be a learning work in progress, but the add-ons to the nav package (exit services, easier zooming) are really nice. I miss the gold wheel arch/bumper accents a little, and also miss the folding cargo shelf in the back seat. But the added floor space back there will take 2 acoustic guitar cases side by side, so no real issue. I'm very happy I traded the 14; it was one of my all time favorites, but the EGR issues, the AEM detuning, and delayed fixes convinced me to change out now.

Pix next week. Looking forward to sharing and learning more.

Neil
Congratulations, I have 93,000 on my 2015 Big Horn Ecodiesel. I guess this is a good time to move on a good deal with FCA incentives. I like the limited model. Best of Luck!

njoconnor

Mar 1, 2020
Truck Year
As promised (and once the sun came out), pic of the new truck. It continues to impress me with mileage (21-22 city) and very low noise levels. Cap is from a local (Wisconsin) manufacturer, Lakeland Sports; it's my third from them, and all three have been great. Waiting for its Yakima gutter mounts to come in and be mounted on the sides of the cap. No long trips just yet (what with the virus situation), but looking forward to the eventual Madison-Denver run to see the grand.

New truck 01.jpg

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Sharp!