• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

transfer case has to be replaced at 30,000

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
i was going up a fairly steep gravel road and my rear wheels start to spin so i stop and and put it in 4-auto and it seemed to go in in fine but then it started making grinding noise so i took it out and waited till i got to level ground and tried it again, same but not as bad, but still there, took it to dealer and had their tech drive it, he agreed not good, and they are replacing it, this was the first time i had even tried the 4wheel drive, i just assumed since it was new that it worked! if i had tried it at 36001 things would be different like about $4500 different.....

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
i forgot to mention that when i took the truck to dealership for the tranfercase problem, i told the service manager i had upgraded my transmission oil pan to an ppe aluminum pan and had done the work my self, he said that was not a problem unless it was directly related to a failure, i was not the only customer to have done this..and that would have nothing to do with my transfercase problem... lets hope that holds true for a transmission problem

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Good to hear they have a little common sense!

I always like to test the 4x4 when I get a new truck, because like you said, you never know. Luckily I've never had that problem.