• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trigger Pulled

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered a 2017 EcoDiesel Quad cab laramine in pearl white. Should be here in another month to 6 weekso. Any suggestions on what I should do to it when I get it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered a 2017 EcoDiesel Quad cab laramine in pearl white. Should be here in another month to 6 weekso. Any suggestions on what I should do to it when I get it?

Sweet! Last we heard the 2017's were tied up for some reason or another. Depends on personal preference but a bed cover tends to be #1 on the new truck priority list.

Upgrading your headlights. The halogen bulbs in the headlights are terrible. HID retrofit is a great upgrade with the factory housing.

Regardless welcome to the site and congratulations on your up and coming new rig

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am putting on a camper shell so they cover is out of the question. HID kit sounds great! Do you have a recommendation on which to get and are they hard to do?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am putting on a camper shell so they cover is out of the question. HID kit sounds great! Do you have a recommendation on which to get and are they hard to do?

I went through a couple bed covers before finally getting a shell, took a little bit to rig up my garage ceiling to take the shell off myself if ever necessary but well worth it. Takes about 25-30 minutes! Not too shabby.

Enlight Auto makes a great system for the truck. It is tedious to install depending how hidden you want it; because it is powered by a separate relay harness from the battery, and resistor packs for error cancelers. If you take your time to route the wiring it is a fantastic system and very high quality components. And a no questions asked 2 year Warranty.

I have 55w ballasts with the 6k bulbs. Options have changed a little since then but it's a very good solid product.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
That is an awesome idea. I had already bought a pulley system I was going to use so I could remove the camper shell in my garage. I'm interested in a powered kit. What do you think about tuning?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That is an awesome idea. I had already bought a pulley system I was going to use so I could remove the camper shell in my garage. I'm interested in a powered kit. What do you think about tuning?

I just have 2 2x4's with eye bolts that I stand in the bed and lift the shell with my back and slip them under one at a time. Then rig it up to the matching ceiling mounts with ratchet straps and I'm good to go. I have the air suspension so it's especially easy for me, I put in offroad 2 and take it off then just lower it down and drive out. That way I don't have to wrench it way up to a decent height. It's already there

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just have 2 2x4's with eye bolts that I stand in the bed and lift the shell with my back and slip them under one at a time. Then rig it up to the matching ceiling mounts with ratchet straps and I'm good to go. I have the air suspension so it's especially easy for me, I put in offroad 2 and take it off then just lower it down and drive out. That way I don't have to wrench it way up to a decent height. It's already there
I ordered mine with the air suspension. I will keep that in mine:)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Resized_20160901_164501.jpeg
Poor picture but you get the idea

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I think you asked about tuning in an earlier post, I would say drive it first and see how you like, tuning and any fueling upgrade is kind of a gray area, being as most dealers aren't honoring warranties on tuned vehicles.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I think you asked about tuning in an earlier post, I would say drive it first and see how you like, tuning and any fueling upgrade is kind of a gray area, being as most dealers aren't honoring warranties on tuned vehicles.
I was under the impression that they wouldn't know. Do you know of any instances where they have rejected a claim based on tuning? I have already driven and would be tickled by slightly more pep and MPG.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know first hand of any voided warranties on the ecodiesels due to tuning, mostly cummins powered pickups that I personally know about, my service writer told me that their policy with the ecodiesel is pretty much no tolerance to engine fueling upgrades.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I recently put a topper on my truck too. But now I get a tail light out message when I start the truck. Of course, no tail light is out in reality.

What did you guys do about this? Or do you just live with the message?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I recently put a topper on my truck too. But now I get a tail light out message when I start the truck. Of course, no tail light is out in reality.

Weird I got no outage message. But you don't tie into the taillight harness. There is a single wire under the truck just for a camper shell brake light. It just kinda sticks out of the trailer brake and rear wire harness. That way there is no additional voltage draw from the taillight affecting the canbus system

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed

Dear RAM truck Customer,

My name is Richard Purk, and I work in the Order-to-Delivery group at FCA US (FCA). Thank you for purchasing the RAM 1500 pickup equipped with the 3.0L Eco-Diesel engine.

You likely know that prior to shipping any vehicle, for every new model year FCA must obtain EPA’s certification that our vehicles comply with federal emissions standards. This year, across all automakers, EPA is being extra careful about certifying diesel vehicles. So, FCA continues to wait for this certification for the 2017 RAM 1500 Eco-Diesel truck.

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that once the certification is approved, we will expedite the building and shipping of your vehicle.

We are closely monitoring the situation. We really do appreciate your patience, and please let me know if you have any questions.

- maybe I should buy something else.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
How much time do you have? Personally, I do NOT like waiting. However: I know a guy who ordered a Boss 429 Mustang in 1970 and got tired of waiting so he pulled his order. The vehicle came in 2 weeks later. Needless to say, the ecoDiesel will probably not appreciate as much as the Boss 429 Mustang, but, no one thought about that then either.