• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck Cap - ARE Series V for the 5'7" bed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
ARE Series V.jpg

Finally had my cap installed yesterday. It is an A.R.E. Series V with flip out windows and flip down bulk head window, single handle at back, and luggage tracks on top for a bar system. Haven't had it long to give a good review, but my initial impression is it is built solid. I power washed it because it was pretty dusty and I wanted to see how water tight it is, and it remained dry. Couple drops in front corner but I put water where water normally won't go. A good all day driving in the rain will be the real test. So far, I like it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Lol subconsciously I am turning the truck into a Yukon that I used to drive. But it's perfect to keep the survey gear secure and out of the elements. And let's face it, the 5'7" bed is just a big trunk anyway. For the big items I have a trailer to use when needed.

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
I have been looking all over for a color matched white cap for my 5.7 but they seem so rare. How much did you pay did you get it new or used?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I have been looking all over for a color matched white cap for my 5.7 but they seem so rare. How much did you pay did you get it new or used?
I had been searching used for a couple of years but finally decided to buy new exactly what I wanted. All in was just under $2400.

9C065433-FA8C-43BA-B76E-620BC4E24A62.jpeg

F52B03A6-34E2-4022-A70A-4F127960AAEE.jpeg