• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TSB 09-006-15 Cylinder Head Replacement

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
anyone seen this yet?

It really worries me of problems with these trucks. that's a huge job
TSB is attached.

Attachments

• 2014-tsb-cylinder heads.pdf
    38 KB · Views: 99

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
That is a little concerning although it only states 2014 models...maybe they have already introduced the update in the 2015's I like to hope so

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's due to oil blowby and soot and carbon build-up on the valves. They have a new valve that is supposed to break up the hard carbon build-up during normal operation. All part year and newer 2015 engines already have the update. All US older guys out of warranty must create our own system to stop the oil from entering the intake all together.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
If you bought it after January you should be, but I cannot guarantee it as I don't know your head stamp.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Special ordered it in April received it last month so I would assume

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
If you bought it after January you should be, but I cannot guarantee it as I don't know your head stamp.

Mine was built January '15. Where is this head stamp located?

Dawn.castleman

Aug 26, 2019
Truck Year
Battling Chrysler for this exact issue right now on my 2014 eco-diesel that I bought in July 2014. I’ve had it in six times now for the intermittent shutter while going up a slight hill at 40 mph. Each time they do a regen On the exhaust system and they changed out the fuel filter and clean the fuel injectors. The technician I’m working with wants to replace the cylinder heads but Chrysler is fighting them on it. Also dealing with a very sluggish acceleration off of a stop. Takes the turbos about 3 to 4 seconds to kick in and then the truck has a significant forward lurch, makes it scary pulling out in traffic. All of the stuff came up after I let them in stall the eco-diesel recall.