• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tuner

Lucky_twin

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I'm new to Ram and diesel trucks. I was wondering if anyone makes a tuner that has a temp sensor / timer that in warm weather will keep the motor running after the key is shut down, till turbo temps drop to avoid damage.
Also in cold weather automatically start and run the engine when coolant or oil temps drop and run it till it warms up, to prevent no starts?

I know some of the gas powered tuner cars have the turbo timers, and the older diesel tuners would do the starting process in the winter.

This may be obsolete technology now that all the emissions stuff is in play but worth an ask.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't see it as a issue honestly. All the modern diesels now do not have a turbo timer for a reason. Unless you're going Wide Open Throttle up a hill with your EGT's maxed out and then you turn it right off, then you might have a problem. Otherwise just drive the truck and enjoy it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Best bet is just get a monitor. Egde or likewise will display all kinds of temps. You'll learn pretty quickly that not much cool down is needed.

As far as no starts due to low temps, I've read examples of this engine firing up in well below -40dF temps not even using the block heater. Use the block heater, and I don't know if it's even possible to freeze it out....

Now performance 'tuners'.... that's a different story.

-Brady

Lucky_twin

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Great thanks.... Performance tubes I don't want to play with much yet till things break in... What's the best plug and play?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Great thanks.... Performance tubes I don't want to play with much yet till things break in... What's the best plug and play?
I run an Edge CS2 and am very happy with it.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Elm327 Bluetooth adapter for $20 and torque app on android. Cheapest and extremely effective plug and play and a great place to start if you feel you need a full blown adapter.

I Used to run a 7" galaxy tablet in mine for it but it's not necessary for me really though I check things occasionally

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Im yet to here of a cold start issue with these trucks. Now as far as a turbo timer use your oil temps. Personally under 230 I consider it ok but with synthetic oil theres no big worrys.