• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo hissing and power loss

Lorno

Nov 10, 2022
Truck Year
Hello, I just had an issue with my 2014 eco diesel with a full delete from hd diesel supply up in Canada.
started hearing a hissing/ air noise at mid rpm from the passenger side. Then after parking truck for the day, I left school and it started up just fine. Then pulled a “service throttle body” cel. I brought it to a shop who checked the codes for me. As my reader is at home. And 2 came up “turbo under boost”
And “implausible engine torque signal received”
The shop cleared the codes for me. Then I drove to a buddies to diagnose(shop thinks forsure that there is a hole in one of the turbo pipes).
on the way to buddies place there was a large hill, and going up said hill. I could hear the hissing noise with a loss of power and it pulled the cel again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Al T

May 17, 2021
Truck Year
Hi Check the clamps and hoses off of your intercooler in front of the Rad.
Good luck

Lorno

Nov 10, 2022
Truck Year
Checked that. Every hose I could reach on the whole intake system I tightened

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I mean, did it start RIGHT after tuning? If so, perhaps something is off there.. otherwise, hard parts for sure. I would doublecheck fitment on all the boots.

Lorno

Nov 10, 2022
Truck Year
Been tuned for close to 2 years now. And 45000 km

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Hello, I just had an issue with my 2014 eco diesel with a full delete from hd diesel supply up in Canada.
started hearing a hissing/ air noise at mid rpm from the passenger side. Then after parking truck for the day, I left school and it started up just fine. Then pulled a “service throttle body” cel. I brought it to a shop who checked the codes for me. As my reader is at home. And 2 came up “turbo under boost”
And “implausible engine torque signal received”
The shop cleared the codes for me. Then I drove to a buddies to diagnose(shop thinks forsure that there is a hole in one of the turbo pipes).
on the way to buddies place there was a large hill, and going up said hill. I could hear the hissing noise with a loss of power and it pulled the cel again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I had the same thing happen but after the whistling it became extremely loud and underpowered, at about 170k, my local shop thought the turbo went bad. So I bought an OEM replacement, they pulled the cab off of the truck only to find that a sensor in the exhaust manifold/pipe had unthreaded itself and literally fell out.
now what? I went ahead and put the turbo in any as the cab was off. But what a waste of money.

Attachments

• DB2D1660-DD42-4494-B704-8A3D9657B6A7.jpeg
    DB2D1660-DD42-4494-B704-8A3D9657B6A7.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 3

Lorno

Nov 10, 2022
Truck Year
I had the same thing happen but after the whistling it became extremely loud and underpowered, at about 170k, my local shop thought the turbo went bad. So I bought an OEM replacement, they pulled the cab off of the truck only to find that a sensor in the exhaust manifold/pipe had unthreaded itself and literally fell out.
now what? I went ahead and put the turbo in any as the cab was off. But what a waste of money.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Was this sensor accessible without taking the cab off??

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Was this sensor accessible without taking the cab off??
Yes…. But in a very tight spot accessible from the bottom. They offered to just reinstall it and put the cab back on, but at 170k and a new turbo already in hand I opted to do it anyway. We also did the delete and retune + 40 hp. I wish I had done the delete years ago. BTW mine is a 2016, 4x4 lonestar.

Lorno

Nov 10, 2022
Truck Year
Update, Took my truck to the shop and the issue was in fact the delete I did. When taking out the egr, I could not get the down pipe out that was attached in a very awkward place right up against the fire wall. My delete came with a block off plate for just this reason. So I blocked it off at the top. Where the pipe would attach to the egr. And with sufficient vibration over the last year the pipe cracked in half. Luckily I kept the other block off plate and then shop got it installed without stripping or breaking any bolts. They also cleaned every sensor they could think of in troubleshooting, which were all quite gummed up. Only 2 hours of labour in all. Thanks for the reply’s from y’all.