• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

turbo timer and regen

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
Hey guys and gals
I have been watching a lot of you tube vids mostly from MOPARECODIESEL very informative the best i've ever seen thank you so much. One question i have is if the truck is in regen you dont want to turn it off when you get to your destination correct? If that is correct would a turbo timer help with cooling and finishing the regen so no harm is done to the truck thanks again. Andrew

CheifG

Sep 27, 2013
The regen process happens over a preset MPH while running. The regen won't finish sitting at idle.

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
But if I drive and it's in regen and I don't know because the truck doesn't tell me wouldn't it be a safe option to have the timer to cool the turbo down or is it just a waste of money

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
But if I drive and it's in regen and I don't know because the truck doesn't tell me wouldn't it be a safe option to have the timer to cool the turbo down or is it just a waste of money
Waste of money. If you've been running it hard and come straight off the highway, yea go ahead and idle it for a minute or 2. Use a watch, your phone, sing ol McDonald had a farm or whatever. But most times the slow speeds in the last few miles to a destination will do the trick. In the owners manual it has a chart for this specific purpose.

As far as regens, the more I read these threads, the more I'm glad this truck was engineered to be user friendly. No need to worry about it says FCA, and they have people much smarter than I that made it that way. Who are we to second guess them?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Everyone is right so far. You'll know your in a regen because you'll hear a loud whooshing sound in your intake. If you just stop somewhere and shut it right off while in a regen the exhaust coupler can crack and break. Your dpf is at 1100-1400f while regening. So turning it right off things start cooling at different rates and that's where I've seen owners have the most emission problems. But if you just wait 2 min while in a regen at idle the system disables the process until you hit 65% again. Then wait another 2 min for the exhaust to cool back down. Non regen you only have to wait 1-2 min for the turbo to be in the 400f rangen