• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

Jaski

Dec 5, 2021
Truck Year
Yup, it's under the intake. You have two options. You can either replace the entire line with another OE part or you can just replace the rubber hose with a high temperature hose. Since you have 278,000 miles on your engine, you may consider buying a new engine, or saving money for a new engine. New engines have a 3 year/100,000-mile warranty and cost about $7,500 shipped for free and no core charge. New engines come complete with a new CP4 pump, new injectors, and new turbo. It's just something to think about.

s-l640.jpg
Where are you finding the engine for that price without a core? I found one here for $7800 plus $1000 core.

Attachments

• EAC89B0A-A3DF-4C95-92E4-5A02EF144F12.jpeg
    EAC89B0A-A3DF-4C95-92E4-5A02EF144F12.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah that’s where I found it. It has a $1000 core charge now.

That's sad. Just a year ago a new OE intake was $220 dollars. It's now over $700. It's getting ridiculous. I'm hoping that prices drop again, but I have my doubts, at least not for another year.

cmitcham

Dec 13, 2021
Truck Year
thanks, what a great thread. i'm 5k miles out of the extended warranty (~169000), and the intake swirl valve is stuck. diy is not an option while i live in this motorhome :)

i am about to fork over $2400 for a new intake manifold install at the dealer. hopefully, they will let me near the tech and i can see what he knows about the turbo coolant hose problem. i've had no leakage yet, would you guys -

1. for sure have him change it while the intake is off
2. see if he can look/touch and determine if it is near end of life
3. have him stay far away, because as sure as he touches it, it's going to leak next week.

i bought this 14 gc used and have tolerated expensive repair after expensive repair with the extended emissions warranty. but the oil filter adapter and now this have been on me, and i'll be looking to get rid of this thing very soon.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
the intake swirl valve is stuck. diy is not an option while i live in this motorhome :)
Are you close to Utah? There's a guy near Salt Lake who will replace your intake and blast the ports with walnut shells for $1,800.

cmitcham

Dec 13, 2021
Truck Year
thanks for quick replies. knew you would say that, just so wary of dealership folk :)

lucky people live near utah, the rest of us drive 20 hours to play there.

14JGCEco

Oct 25, 2023
Truck Year
Help! I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel. My son purchased this in CA in 2020, due to being deployed in 2021 to Japan I bought it and am now in Georgia. Had no issues until this past year. I contacted Jeep in August due to the ETC light coming on. Finally received a call from Stellantis this month advising to have it towed to a local dealership. After going back and forth they replaced the EGR, yesterday I was told it now needs the Turbo Water Feed Line replaced, there was a note on the dash , NO COOLANT-Do not start. The cost is over $2400 to have this repair completed. I asked if this could have been caused by the EGR, was told no.
Jeep was showing the EGR was replaced in 2019 before the recall was ever issued, after pointing this out to them they agreed and replaced the EGR under the settlement agreement. I need to know if this new issue could have been caused by the EGR not being replaced when the recall was issued.

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
Help! I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel. My son purchased this in CA in 2020, due to being deployed in 2021 to Japan I bought it and am now in Georgia. Had no issues until this past year. I contacted Jeep in August due to the ETC light coming on. Finally received a call from Stellantis this month advising to have it towed to a local dealership. After going back and forth they replaced the EGR, yesterday I was told it now needs the Turbo Water Feed Line replaced, there was a note on the dash , NO COOLANT-Do not start. The cost is over $2400 to have this repair completed. I asked if this could have been caused by the EGR, was told no.
Jeep was showing the EGR was replaced in 2019 before the recall was ever issued, after pointing this out to them they agreed and replaced the EGR under the settlement agreement. I need to know if this new issue could have been caused by the EGR not being replaced when the recall was issued.
No, they just suck. Its too hot in there for the stock hose. Replace with silicone hose

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah, a rubber hose in the valley of a hot running engine isn't going to last long. It needs to be replaced with either a silicone hose designed for high temps or go with the braided steel hose. https://www.dormanproducts.com/p--667-562.aspx