• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uconnect NAV

Swashplate97

Jul 7, 2019
Truck Year
Ok, not trying to get too controversial (not saying I want the service for free, but maybe discounted... or free) but I am contemplating adding the NAV to my 8.4 uconnect in my 2017 bighorn eco. I was watching a YouTube video and a dude said that he had his done online with a radio repair shop for like $275, which got me thinking there may be a cheaper way than going to the dealership. Has anyone upgraded through any other routes, and if so, are there any pro's or con's? Also, is anyone familiar with running "lockpick" to screen mirror? Thanks in advance for any help.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
The navigation cost is OUTRAGEOUS. It's available on my 17 but cost is prohibitive.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've used Jailbreakers in the Past... The High speed is what I like the most and the track Car. Example you connect to Other persons Phone and can track their Position, Auto android has something similar. Its Nice when traveling with multi-vehicles You know the other person location when driving and what locations they stop at.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I just notice Costaletech has AIR mode that's Nice You won't need the factory NAV, and Google maps are free.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Android Auto/Apple Car play is a game changer in newer automobiles. I love it. No more expensive factory nav map packages anymore!

Yep, just waiting on a more operator friendly screen. Boostn , what is that company that holds the NAV to Ram/FCA vehicles, a while back I can't remember his name he had a letter form Garmin VP stating the Updates were free to FCA/Ram, I can't remember the Name of the company for the Activation code $149.00 for a Update FCA received free, Garmin's agreement is new installation charge only, FCA lock's you of your own equipment. 👎👎👎

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
This generation nothing surprises Me anymore , They bow down to these software manufactures and companies. Locking you out of your own equipment. If this generation existed back when auto's were in their infancy !!!!! the GOV and that generation realized how the makers good STOP manufacturing parts and the auto would be Junk in what 5 Years?, SO the GOV require the Auto Maker to Make parts for that vehicle for 10-20 years depending on the part. Heck their are NO laws requiring Microsoft or any manufacture of software to support that product to function for XX Years. In Fact these company do the opposite and make their 0-X years none compatible with new equipment. How FCA or any company can claim the software is their property AFTER YOU pay $$$ for it AND its on equipment YOU own is Fudge up big time.

I hope more owners share their imput on this, remaining silent is a big part of the problem. I get it ….Privacy is against the Law and should NOT benefit $$$$ by unauthorized copies or distribution. Claiming by LAW the software maker has a legal rights to protect the software on Your own property is preposterous. I have NO problem with owners that jailbreak equipment they own, That's NOT Privacy in My view, they have already paid for it.

Lou

Jan 31, 2016
Truck Year
^^^^^^^ You most certainly have that right, when I buy something it is mine. If I lease it that would be different but when I buy it it's mine to do with as I want to.