• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uconnect question

Jerry Hefley

Feb 7, 2016
Truck Year
For my business I need to keep a mileage log. Does anyone know if there is an app that will note the mileage of the truck on a daily basis to be used for tax purposes? something that will say a 11 pm every night note the mileage to be downloaded onto a zip drive once per year for a deduction and depreciation of the truck?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah android has options for that but not uconnect. I just have a dedicated tablet in my truck for such purposes

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
FYI:
FCA released an update for the uconnect display. You can now activate Siri on your iPhone by holding down the talk button on the steering wheel. I downloaded it and installed it. Work great, better than holding the home button for iPhone 6 and older. Less distraction when driving. Next thing, would be nice to see CarPlay on the RAM.

Download is available online and it free. You can install it yourself or get dealer to do it.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Car play later this year.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
What is Car Play? Don't see it in Google Play Store.
Car Play is an Apple Product that allows your iPhone to connect to your trucks unit. Google's name for that is called Android Auto.

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
I test drove an '18 2500 while the ED was in for service. Is there anyway to flash a '15 8.4" screen with the '18's image? Anyone know if this is possible? Specifically to get the Carplay functionality over the top of the '15 hardware.

Last edited: