• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
I think everyone should send an email to the lead counsel and explain your situation. The more complaints they get the better chance that FCA is accountable for this. Believe me once the final fix is in I am tuning the truck. F dealing with this EGR timebomb. I at first could deal with the performance hit but now i have the infamous P20ee code. The truck is at the dealership getting a catalyst and EGR cooler installed. I am not looking to get killed riding the truck. i will be buying an SFT tune.
Help me with P20ee code you are referring to - Is there a way to see that code without a diagnostic tool?

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Help me with P20ee code you are referring to - Is there a way to see that code without a diagnostic tool?
Go to advance auto if you have one near you they will let you use the tool for free. They will actually come out to the truck and do it for youfor free. I hope this helps.

Reactions: CCW

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Can't say for sure, but I suspect not AEM related since this seems to be a fatigue or time related failure of the coolant lines running through the EGR chamber. When this failure occurs coolant will start leaking into the exhaust chamber and mix with the hot exhaust. I think the problem of "no fix" is because the current replacement parts probably have the same risk for failure. I found this out because I brought my truck back to the dealer last week unannounced due to a foul smell I was getting in the cab every time I stopped or idled (smelled like a bus inside the cab). Also started making a chirping sound like a bearing was failing on the way to the dealer. Turns out the chirping was a solenoid inside the EGR and my coolant level was low as well...all the tell-tale signs of this failure and potential engine fire was imminent (think I got lucky). They gave me a loaner on the spot and asked me to leave the truck with them. They also told me that Chrysler has put a "hold" on all replacement parts so they couldn't give me an outlook for getting my truck fixed.
(WARNING TO ANYONE THAT READS THIS. IF YOU GET THE EGR SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR COOLANT LEVEL. IF YOU START GETTING A NASTY ODOR INSIDE THE TRUCK WHEN IDLING OR AT A STOP LIGHT AND COOLANT LEVEL SEEMS LOW GET IT TO THE DEALER ASAP AS YOU ARE AT RISK FOR A FIRE)
If your truck is at the shop for more than 30 days you can call the fca hotline and request a warranty buyback. There is a provision in the settlement that states this. Also reach out the attoneys that are handling this issue. [email protected] they should be able to guide you.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone know how long they have been waiting for parts for replacing the EGR cooler? I am talking about the OEM faulty parts. Not the new stuff. I was told 2 weeks. I have also read that it is on backorder or that FCA is not releasing anymore until a permanent fix is in. I am hoping that goes more than 30 days without my truck and they buy it back.

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone know how long they have been waiting for parts for replacing the EGR cooler? I am talking about the OEM faulty parts. Not the new stuff. I was told 2 weeks. I have also read that it is on backorder or that FCA is not releasing anymore until a permanent fix is in. I am hoping that goes more than 30 days without my truck and they buy it back.
My truck has been in the shop for this awaiting parts since Nov 26. Today is day#17...

Dan Dement

Mar 4, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just a quick update on my 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel and Transmission tune from Sofa King, unbelievable performance, no lag, and I am getting over 30MPH if I can keep it under 80MPh. Jimmy took care of me and I can not Thank the Group at Sofa King enough. Great performance and improved MPG! Do not complain about the shitty new Factory tune, JUST SofaKingTune it! You will not believe the improvement!!!

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Just a quick update on my 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel and Transmission tune from Sofa King, unbelievable performance, no lag, and I am getting over 30MPH if I can keep it under 80MPh. Jimmy took care of me and I can not Thank the Group at Sofa King enough. Great performance and improved MPG! Do not complain about the shitty new Factory tune, JUST SofaKingTune it! You will not believe the improvement!!!
Dan the sofaking tune is good? did you do stage 1 or 2. did you modify anything else.

Brodriques

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
Good for you, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't do it either. FCA FOOLED a lot of people telling every one that their fuel mileage and performance would not change. If you believe that I will sell you some air.
After taking in and getting the update my mileage plummeted to 28 -30 on freeway and 22 city driving.

BudCollins

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
It's garbage after the emission modifications update, hesitation from a stop, I hope another lawsuit is filed, and my fuel economy dropped by at least 4 mpg.
Hesitation may be too kind a term, which is why FCA is doing nothing for this defect. Post recall, there is now a 1 to 5 second delay in throttle response from the time the accelerator is pressed, until the engine reacts. While this is fine in empty country roads, it poses a risk of fatality in traffic. Once FCA has to start paying off lawsuits for causing deaths, the accountants may green light a fix.
I also feel cheated that there was to be no impact on performance or fuel economy, yet my average fuel consumption is down about 4 mpg, and peak economy when babying it is down 10+ mpg.

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Yep! You called it right. If GDE could still sell/support in Califunny I would still be a GDE customer.
It may have been a blessing as it forced me to look elsewhere and find a great alternative.
So...SKT is available in CA? Not like the back stabbing GDE (Who has sold to CA, and then ratted out their customers)

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes, you can ask GDE to re tune it and if they do it for you they also will share your address!

They can't tune anything right now.. also, you can't blame them for sharing anything. The customers should also not be upset or even shocked as everyone knows modifying emissions equipment is against federal law and people knowingly bought those products. If GDE said no, then they would find out anyways via legal action so they really had no choice in my opinion..

zaveralb

Dec 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hello,

I had the Emissions Recall updated 5/31/19 and am disappointed. The Performance is sluggish, shift points changed and shifts a little harder. Hills that required no downshifts before are requiring downshifts to 7th gear some as low as 5th. DO NOT get the update. Dealer cannot help, I have logged a complaint with Ram!
Try the Green Diesel upgrade it will bring it back to life and then some greendiesel.com Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Hot Tune

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
If your truck is at the shop for more than 30 days you can call the fca hotline and request a warranty buyback. There is a provision in the settlement that states this. Also reach out the attoneys that are handling this issue. [email protected] they should be able to guide you.
So I am at day 31 waiting for my truck to be repaired for the EGR safety issue (still at the dealership). I reached out to those lawyer dudes via their website weeks ago, but no one ever replied. Where in the settlement can i find the statement indicating i can request a warranty buyback after 30 days? The extended warranty info they provided from the AEM recall doesn't include nearly that level of detail and I can't find anything on the settlement website.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Try the Green Diesel upgrade it will bring it back to life and then some greendiesel.com Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Hot Tune

Not anymore...

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
So I am at day 31 waiting for my truck to be repaired for the EGR safety issue (still at the dealership). I reached out to those lawyer dudes via their website weeks ago, but no one ever replied. Where in the settlement can i find the statement indicating i can request a warranty buyback after 30 days? The extended warranty info they provided from the AEM recall doesn't include nearly that level of detail and I can't find anything on the settlement website.
call the ecodiesel hotline and tell them that they have had your truck for over 30 days and that you want to start the warranty buy back.
here is the number for ally at the law firm.
[email protected]
t 415.956.1000

Reactions: CCW

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Ii had the EGR cooler and catalyst replaced on the ecod. I have the truck back after 10 days, which appears to be record timing. The ERG i believe is the old one that has a recall on it. The truck is running a lot better after this last time to the dealership.
I am not sure if this is the brand new parts or not. The dealership could not tell me. They said once the recall notice goes out to get the new EGR they will look at the part number and be able to tell if i just got the new one. I almost feel like i have my old truck back. The truck to me is like that old girlfriend you keep trying to brake up with. The problem is every time she comes around she looks good, rides well but you know there is issues looming. You say to yourself ah maybe it will workout this time for good. You know in the back of your mind that she is going
to start with the same old issues that might never get resolved.