• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

UPS Ships replaced SCR/DPF with label and no box?

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
This was on facebook, thought it was funny!

scr_upslabel.jpg

1st... it didn't come in a box??

2nd... the dealer didn't take the time to remove the label??

... enjoy!:D

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yep. I've delivered multiple exhaust components just like that. And to clarify, the shipper is responsible for packaging, not UPS.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yep. I've delivered multiple exhaust components just like that. And to clarify, the shipper is responsible for packaging, not UPS.

Judging by your username, you would know! :)

It does seem like it would be easy for it to get thrown around and possibly damaged.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I ordered a very expensive pre amp processor a few years ago. When I got home it was at my front door. It was in a box but not the original box and all the manuals and accessories were thrown in this box.

Later found out that UPS had destroyed the factory double box so just decided to throw everything in a cheap thin cardboard box. The icing on the cake was the packaging foam was in this box placed next to the pre/pro!

While this wasn't the audio companies fault they sent me a new replacement unit that day.

Dont know if something similar happened to you?

Box.......lol.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Judging by your username, you would know! :)

It does seem like it would be easy for it to get thrown around and possibly damaged.

Lol I dunno, I know a very small % of the volume that goes through does occur damage, but if an auto part such as that gets damaged then it was just flat out cheaply made and we probably did you a favor. I don't know if even Ronda Rousey could bend that sucker.

At any rate, don't let the few bad apples spoil the bunch. 98% of us take pride in the service we provide.

Ok, I'm done defending my job lol. Bash away....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Lol I dunno, I know a very small % of the volume that goes through does occur damage, but if an auto part such as that gets damaged then it was just flat out cheaply made and we probably did you a favor. I don't know if even Ronda Rousey could bend that sucker.

At any rate, don't let the few bad apples spoil the bunch. 98% of us take pride in the service we provide.

No bashing, all of my local UPS guys are awesome! Good point about bending..

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
This was on facebook, thought it was funny!

View attachment 107

1st... it didn't come in a box??

2nd... the dealer didn't take the time to remove the label??

... enjoy!:D

When they replaced mine they didn't take the label off either. After the 2 hour drive home from the dealer I got out of the truck to the odor of it cooking off

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ive been delivering the complete exhaust systems for all vehicles for the past 8 years, it did shock me at first when dodge started shipping the $4500 dpf filters back in late 06, and I had to consign for each one, I delivered 3 per week to multiple dealers until dodge figured our the dpf's weren't failing, it was just some programming they had to do. As a delivery driver, its kinda scary to have to be responsible for those things, the ford system is $7500, and when I deliver the semi truck scr/dpf unit its $11500. but after Schneider or ups or fedex deliver them to my terminal, I do inspect all of them before I load them and ive never seen any kind of abuse, dropping, or damage ever, now the little boxes form ups, that's a different story, but we do take care of those parts. What you guys don't see is behind the lines of us freight guys, we have a job to do, and a job to keep and if we were abusive or negligent with the end customers parts, there are tons of new carriers or companies that would love to take my job, so don't worry, ive delivered 4000 of the emissions system components over the years and never seen any problems.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year

I certainly wasn't trying to offend you or bash what you do.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I certainly wasn't trying to offend you or bash what you do.

I know. I didn't take it that way. Lol I just expected to see this thread go all into 'my UPS guy threw a 82" flat screen over my 6' chain link fence', so I had to say my peace beforehand.

In other news, my backup camera in the Ram is getting installed tomorrow and I'm stoked!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I know. I didn't take it that way. Lol I just expected to see this thread go all into 'my UPS guy threw a 82" flat screen over my 6' chain link fence', so I had to say my peace beforehand.

In other news, my backup camera in the Ram is getting installed tomorrow and I'm stoked!

He did that to Your tv to!!!!!!????? Lol

Is it the factory camera? I plan on putting one in once I pay for a few other goodies:D

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
He did that to Your tv to!!!!!!????? Lol

Is it the factory camera? I plan on putting one in once I pay for a few other goodies:D

Lol.

I don't think cameras were available with the 5.0 screen that I have? Not sure. SLT BigHorn. Might be a bit smallish but I'll take it. Camera will be in the tailgate handle on the left side. Image routed through the media center/screen. From my understanding it will be as if it was factory optioned like that.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Apparently so.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
df9a0ec28904f16dbd6e819f4878d77c.jpg
20a9f898fb32e1ef0ef91d04e562bd2e.jpg

Sun setting directly in front of me hence the crappy iPhone pic once again. But you get the drift.

I can take pics of the install directions if interested.

And if you notice the wall in the background you'll see why I was sold on a backup camera. Mrs 'forgot' the hitch ball was on the Yukon lol.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
The factory non camera equipped trucks still have the inputs for a camera? Cool!

It all depends. If your truck bed locks with the key fob then yes it's pre wired for the factory back up camera. You need three parts to install it. Plus a trip to the dealer to "flash" the computer so it knows the camera is there. I'll post the part numbers in just a little bit.

Ok here they are.
CAMERA - Mopar (56038978AH)
HANDLE, OUTSIDE - Mopar (68197873AA)

13-15 Dodge Ram Trucks REAR VIEW CAMERA TAILGATE WIRING

HARNESS OEM NEW MOPAR - Mopar (68189124AB)

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
df9a0ec28904f16dbd6e819f4878d77c.jpg
20a9f898fb32e1ef0ef91d04e562bd2e.jpg

Sun setting directly in front of me hence the crappy iPhone pic once again. But you get the drift.

I can take pics of the install directions if interested.

And if you notice the wall in the background you'll see why I was sold on a backup camera. Mrs 'forgot' the hitch ball was on the Yukon lol.

That sure looks factory to me! It makes hooking up trailers a one man job! Nice.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yep. Tested it today. 400 brick, queen size bed set, & a kayak. Hook up was a breeze!
5c7148456329a6915bd2228edaf43466.jpg

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Double post