• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Video on Emissions Removal

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Safe to assume this will void the warranty, right?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hey! You see that burnout?!

He's got an eCOALdiesel!

Wonder if he can get a new emblem that says that...

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I never like sounding silly asking a question.. however.. what is the big thing with people and their diesel trucks with straight pipe that churn out all that coal smoke??? I don't get it.. I have worked in coal burners ( edison electrical gernerating plants).. and they are filthy crapy places to work and breathe in.. what is the big thing with all that smoke?? I would be embarrassed if my vehicle did that???

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I never like sounding silly asking a question.. however.. what is the big thing with people and their diesel trucks with straight pipe that churn out all that coal smoke??? I don't get it.. I have worked in coal burners ( edison electrical gernerating plants).. and they are filthy crapy places to work and breathe in.. what is the big thing with all that smoke?? I would be embarrassed if my vehicle did that???

Unfortunately, the high school kids are the majority doing it. Diesels are getting cheaper to own as they age and more and more are buying them. It will get worse before it gets better..

"ROALING COAL" is cool to them.

Kurt Abrams

Oct 25, 2015
Truck Year
That explains that .. I am old!!!!!
If you're rolling coal your doing it wrong if you work your truck the right way you should blow minimal smoke which is excess fuel that is unburnt which typically settle back to the earth where it came from but when you "tune" your truck to make it faster/stronger you don't just adavance timing of you injector pump you do bigger turbos to balance the dump of fuel so feed more air to the motor. To balance the air fuel ratio which makes it smoke less. Along with many other things like get rid of the pointless urreia that California is trying to band because it's releasing to my ammonia into the air... They were the assholes who came up with the idea for "cleaner" diesels. My 94 Cummins 3500 dully got 26 miles to the gallon with minimal work to it.

Kurt Abrams

Oct 25, 2015
Truck Year
Safe to assume this will void the warranty, right?
Yes also make you truck less likely to have issues down the road with the def system yes as most of you know I think the dpf system is a scam and useless it makes our trucks weaker and less effient

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Just posting FYI so don't flame the messenger. Emissions equipment is federally mandated, it is not a state or county thing. Emissions TESTING is by state or county. Removal of emissions equipment is a federal offense in all states and carries heavy fines. If there is no testing where you live it is easier to get away with it but it is still illegal. Do what you want. It is your truck. Just posting the facts for those who want them.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just posting FYI so don't flame the messenger. Emissions equipment is federally mandated, it is not a state or county thing. Emissions TESTING is by state or county. Removal of emissions equipment is a federal offense in all states and carries heavy fines. If there is no testing where you live it is easier to get away with it but it is still illegal. Do what you want. It is your truck. Just posting the facts for those who want them.

No flaming here, you're right. Until you see a HUGE crackdown on the government enforcing those laws people will still do it.