• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Was thinking of getting another RAM...This time an EcoDiesel...Think not now!

Fupix

Feb 15, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey guys, Just found out this site via the Google...I was looking for more comments on something that was said to me today: I was chatting with a fellow that came to my house and was telling him I am considering changing my truck for a Ram 1500 with an EcoDiesel year is 2014. He advised me this: You gotta know that those engines are done for after 125k miles. I was taken a back as the truck I was eyeballing was up to 75k miles and am planning to keep this baby for a long while...and get some decent miles on it. I thought that being a diesel engine this puppy could take some more than decent miles, like perhaps those early 2000s lincoln with an easy 375k... Anyway, after reading what was said in most of the posts of the poor saps that went for a recent model and having engine failures...I think I will stay away from the EcoDiesel and go for a Hemi (even if they consume plenty fuel)..or perhaps god forbid going for an EcoBoost 3.5 litre Ford F-150! P.S. I did own a 2005 Ram with a Hemi, managed to burn the engine after it started burning oil like crazy, it gave up after 168k miles...Won't tell you guys what I have now for a pickup as I wait for funds for my next one.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'll if that 2014 deleted the majority of its life, and used on HWY, its probably a good Truck.

Thier's many 3.0VMs making 300K Miles HWY Deleted.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Got mine at 113k deleted egr at 133k. So far all stock motor excluding intake plentum and egr previous owner did at 109k per service records. It’s all a lottery when you buy used.

Fupix

Feb 15, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Got mine at 113k deleted egr at 133k. So far all stock motor excluding intake plentum and egr previous owner did at 109k per service records. It’s all a lottery when you buy used.
uhmmm...Always though that if you buy a diesel truck you cannot beat it... guess that would be more true with a Cummins or a Duramax.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I haven’t seen a motor that doesn’t have an issue. Google around you’ll see new and used Cummins and duramax and p strokes in shops for issues.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I haven’t seen a motor that doesn’t have an issue. Google around you’ll see new and used Cummins and duramax and p strokes in shops for issues.
Agreed, and most issues are emissions related with modern diesels.. no matter the brand/engine.

hossman

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys, Just found out this site via the Google...I was looking for more comments on something that was said to me today: I was chatting with a fellow that came to my house and was telling him I am considering changing my truck for a Ram 1500 with an EcoDiesel year is 2014. He advised me this: You gotta know that those engines are done for after 125k miles. I was taken a back as the truck I was eyeballing was up to 75k miles and am planning to keep this baby for a long while...and get some decent miles on it. I thought that being a diesel engine this puppy could take some more than decent miles, like perhaps those early 2000s lincoln with an easy 375k... Anyway, after reading what was said in most of the posts of the poor saps that went for a recent model and having engine failures...I think I will stay away from the EcoDiesel and go for a Hemi (even if they consume plenty fuel)..or perhaps god forbid going for an EcoBoost 3.5 litre Ford F-150! P.S. I did own a 2005 Ram with a Hemi, managed to burn the engine after it started burning oil like crazy, it gave up after 168k miles...Won't tell you guys what I have now for a pickup as I wait for funds for my next one.
I agree on most being great motors. Most will last a very long time. I know 2 trucks with over 200k with no issues , one is deleted. If you don’t delete I would at least fit your oil change service life in half.

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I just bought my truck (2016 Laramie) used with 60K on it. It’s the most comfortable truck that I’ve ever owned. I’ve had other brands of diesel trucks for many years. I researched these Ecodiesel trucks well before my purchase. IMHO every diesel truck I’ve had require more maintenance than their gas counterparts. I enjoy tinkering with these things and addressing and correcting the problems. If you’re looking for something that you jump in, turn the key and go, then theses trucks may not be what you want/need.

RamOperator

Feb 6, 2020
Well spoken words I have 2017 Laramie and it’s the most comfortable Diesel I have ever owned with the best fuel mileage but like anything else it requires timely maintenance 👍🏼

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I agree with the Truck and Trans, Ram fit and Finish is awesome, I have serious concerns with the 3.0VM in long tern ownership.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I think whoever labeled 125k miles as the limit is full of it. If anything has been proven, it is that if/when these little engines let go it has nothing to do with mileage or usage. That has been the frustrating part of watching failures with the VM 3.0L.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I think it’s funny the O.P. Didn’t bother to say anything back lol