• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Washing methods?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
What method does everyone use?

I purchased a Foam Cannon to attach to my pressure washer and now I don't even poor soap in a bucket! :D

What I use:

M&H Foam Gun
Mr. Pink Car Wash
Wash Mitt (Soft Wool)
Tire Cleaner

I haven't video recorded myself washing my truck, but here is an example of what I do:

I still like to take my wash mitt and go over the entire truck after I foam it, the foam really helps break down dirt on the paint, after you hand wash you rinse and dry.

I recommend this OUT of the sun, as the sun will dry the soap before you can get it rinsed off.

Enjoy, and let me know your method!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I really like that foam gun, way cool!!

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
I live in florida and the water here is very hard, does the foam cannon have a means to either filter or add a softener for the rinse?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I know this is an older thread but summer is here. So maybe it's a good time to revisit.

Im pretty much OCD about keeping my vehicles clean. My once a month car cleaning weekend takes about 6 hours per vehicle.

Keeping this short and sweet. I was, poilish, and wax. Using all Ice products.

In between washes I use Amzoil Speed wax and large cotton towels.

Sometime before winter. I'll take a bottle of liquid wax and spray the entire underside and door jams of my truck. I try to get it into any area that salt or salt water might stand.

Not sure if this really helps prevent rusting much but I haven't had any rust issues.......

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know this is an older thread but summer is here. So maybe it's a good time to revisit.

Im pretty much OCD about keeping my vehicles clean. My once a month car cleaning weekend takes about 6 hours per vehicle.

Keeping this short and sweet. I was, poilish, and wax. Using all Ice products.

In between washes I use Amzoil Speed wax and large cotton towels.

Sometime before winter. I'll take a bottle of liquid wax and spray the entire underside and door jams of my truck. I try to get it into any area that salt or salt water might stand.

Not sure if this really helps prevent rusting much but I haven't had any rust issues.......

Off the self products, ICE makes some nice stuff. I've been buying everything online from a few different sites. ChemicalGuys.com is one, and AutoGeekOnline is another.

The spray foam is awesome to use!