• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well I've joined the club! unfortunately

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I guess this is another one of those main bearing failures after 70,000miles I was told werent common... On a serious note this really sucks to hear. but my guess is you wiped a main bearing when you passed the car. On the statement of diesels lasting 4-500,000 miles,
I think thats limited to the inline sixs and certianly not common for these from what ive read unfortunately.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
In regards to the newer generation of th ecodiesels being just as unreliable as the older ones, I really would love to know where all those failures are reported because I just went back through like a year and a half on the third generation ecodiesel section on the other forum just because it has a lot more content and I havent found one single thread or report pertaining to a main bearing failure...

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Here is my intelligent response:
60k miles with EGR functioning.
View attachment 3673View attachment 3674
Another swing and a huge miss...try again. Intelligent response? I would have expected better than this typical 5-year-old response..."See my pretty pictures Daddy! Didn't I do good?"

No, you both suck at presenting any failure rate statistics for the 3rd Gen Ecodiesel. Neither of you have presented statistics to prove the ignorant, ridiculous and unfounded assertion "2020-22 rate of failure is equal to 2014-19. The VM 3.0 sales continue to fall....2020 Plus are the same problems (Rotating Mass failure) and will be more prevalent and costly as the 2024+ rolls around."

And if you don't want to attempt to prove your girlfriend's statement above, try to poke holes in Augiedoggy's #22 and #24 post above as you won't find all these claimed failures in the 3rd Gen that you and your stubby hunchbacked sidekick continue to claim.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its the same rate of failure, I'm not going to provide My sources. This I can share, our dealership is selling 87 Gas Jeeps Rams to 1 equip with VM 3.0 DSL 2020 to Current. This ratio was 63 to 10/12 2014-early 16 it went up and down during that time but that was the ratio, Right Now we have 95 Gas Ram 1500s and 3 VM DSL. We have 75 Jeeps 0 3.0 DSL. Sales/service are not interested in any 1500 DSL, we keep our #s at Require Shingles/pavement rate. Why waste pavement/showroom on Low selling Vehicles YOU know, are problematic to Buyers...We want returning Customers with $$$$ not vehicles on Hooks/Flats. It the same type of buyers (1st time) as Donesouth, NO matter how much evidence you provide they just deny, and in many cases the deny-ers are the most obstinate, stubborn. We know Many returning customers with 3.0VM trade in on Gas..........Some re-order but it's like 25 to 1. Other Dealerships #s likely are higher selling ratio, even if it double, triples it would be nowhere close to 2014-16. The reason you don't hear of the failure rate is because Ram DSL are NOT selling, and the one's buying in most cases are to prideful ignorance to admit it was a mistake. Its Time only separates that Bank withdraw owning VMs 3.0 in DD use, it seems to do OK in Hwy use, its just more time before the $$$$ occurs.

Go back to 2015 at XXX if the buttclown 97hmcs has NOT deleted all my threads on the future of VM, all happened and came true years before ...My attack will never end until I die or XXX is shutdown, some of their Mods NEW Shawn had trouble with suicide and yet they continue to attack and banned Him, Thier are only 2 Good Mods at that site the rest are NO difference then Donesouth. Yes, their good members at that site ...Don't believe their membership #s because it like gang members once a member they keep your membership and will not delete it, Just Banned YOU.. 1000s have left that site yet they still claim X #s. ALL LIES.

If Stellantis wants to continue to sell DSL 1500s it will require NEW power plant, Heck they have 4L in lines at FPT.

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Swing...and another miss. I'm about to turn this over to my 5th grade grandson as you are dumber than a 5th grader!

First you state the 3rd Gen Ecodiesel has the same failure rate as the 2nd Gen but provide absolutely no proof.

Then you claim sales are in the tank for the 3rd Gen Ecodiesel with simpleton anecdotal evidence based upon some obscure showroom. Once again, no facts or statistics but simply BS from a guy who clearly needs to be on a Xanax drip with twice daily doses of doses of Lithium.

Sales for the Ram Ecodiesel increased in Q4 2021! I'll back my statement up with statistics which thus far you've only been able to pull crap out of your ass that are not factual nor are they logical. In fact, your rants continue to illustrate to any reader (with the exception of your little sidekick who keeps throwing a rock or two and then running back into the bushes) not only that you are uninformed but also unstable.

So, here are some statistics you might want to consider (who am I kidding, you've proven numerous times on this forum your ignorance and mental instability):

Q4 2021 U.S. DIESEL CAR SALES BY BRAND AND MODEL​

BRANDMODELTYPECLASS2021 Q32021 Q4
FordSuper-Duty DieselComm DieselPickup41,46845,880
RamRam Pickup 2500/3500 DieselComm DieselPickup26,77329,614
GMCSierra 2500/3500 DieselComm DieselPickup18,41616,338
ChevroletSilverado 2500/3500 DieselComm DieselPickup18,17917,119
MercedesSprinter DieselDieselVan8,18915,077
ChevroletSilverado 1500 DieselDieselPickup7,2516,751
RamRam 1500 Pickup Diesel*DieselPickup5,8086,423
FordTransit Diesel*DieselVan5,4174,189
GMCSierra 1500 DieselDieselPickup4,7505,196
FordF-150 Diesel*DieselPickup2,9661,617
ChevroletTahoe DieselDieselUtility1,213807
GMCYukon DieselDieselUtility842743
ChevroletSuburban DieselDieselUtility830515
GMCYukon XL DieselDieselUtility610632
Land RoverRange RoverDieselUtility536679
Land RoverRange Rover SportDieselUtility406498
ChevroletColorado DieselDieselPickup158399
Land RoverDiscovery DieselDieselUtility11058
GMCCanyon DieselDieselPickup91262
ChevroletExpress DieselComm DieselVan41123
GMCSavana DieselComm DieselVan775
VolkswagenPassat DieselDieselCar20
VolkswagenTouareg DieselDieselUtility10
VolkswagenGolf Sportwagon DieselDieselCar10

Try again moron...

Thomas16EDRam

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year
Well let me tell you my story. Had my eco-diesel since 2015 when I bought it new. Haven't really had much trouble with it. 2015 Longhorn Laramie in Prarie Pearl color. Lots of complements on the color. Last Tuesday left Central Florida for the mountains of Georgia, a 9 hour drive, got within 65 miles of my destination and passed a slow moving car on a two lane road and when I got back into the lane, the engine started knocking. checked the gauge and the dash readout, oil pressure was 30 pds, water and transmission temperature was fine, thought I'd nurse it another 60 miles to my destination where there was a Chrysler Ram dealer to fix it while I stayed in the town for another 5 days. Wrong! got about 10 miles more and then complete failure, engine quite and no oil pressure warning came up on the dash. got it to the side of the road and called AAA. Got on the phone to 3 dealerships in the area (very rural area) and two said they couldn't even look at it for 3 weeks. one did say that they could look at it the next week. Had it towed there and had to have a relative drive us an hour away to get a rental car to get home to Florida. Dealer called on Monday night and said the mechanic said his initial diagnosis is "internal engine". Would not start tearing into the engine until today or tomorrow. The truck has 150,000 miles on it and was running great. I fear the worse, new engine? $7,500 to $10,000 I guess and will have to leave my truck in North Georgia up to what 3 months because of supply chain problem. Warranty went out at 135,000 miles with the exception of th extended warranty that was part of the Class Action Lawsuit filed many years ago against FCA on the eco-diesel. It does cover some things and I hope it covers this or maybe the warrantied item caused the problem. All recalls have been done with the exception of the current air bag issue. I really have loved this truck and it's one of the nicest vehicles I've owned, all the bells and whistles, air ride etc. great travel vehicle. With as many of these engines quiting on the owners, sounds like it's time for another class action lawsuit on these. Diesels are supposed to last 3, 4 or 500,000 miles. I'll keep you posted on my plight.
I bought my 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Sept 2021 and absolulove it. Every bell and whistle I could want. It had a engine light come in and I took it to the dealership who said it ok to drive since it's not flashing until my date and time for the appointment. We'll my wife and I wanted to get dairy queen so we took my truck. On the way home. The engine decided it was time for a full stop proceed no further. We get it towed to the dealership and get told cylinder 3 rings are no good. It scored the cylinder walls and the book, website, and motor company all say if their is scoring on the walls full stop it needs a complete engine replacement. Fortunately it is an warranty item it's damn near a 15 thousand dollar problem. Good luck.

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
Hey Dumbsouth, You are not a man of much intergrity, are you? You said you were finished with this thread long ago but you continue to call people who you don't even know insulting names. Who is the 5th grader here?

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Huh, you started the childish name calling in post #9 in this thread thus I was being polite and playing along with you two children. I presumed it was how the less intelligent communicate and against my better judgement accommodated you.

As for my integrity, it's intact as I attempt to educate the uneducated who can't seem to state a proven fact or statistic.

Perhaps one day you'll grow up and actually say something intelligent...until then us native Texans will just have to shake our head and remember you're just one more uneducated fool in central Texas that gives the state a bad reputation.

Once again, a swing and a huge miss with no facts or statistics to support your girlfriends' claims concerning the 3rd Gen Ecodiesel...try again. You might check out the other Ecodiesel forums and count (fingers and toes are fine for you central Texas boys) to actually see the failure rate is not even close to the 2nd Gen. Please educate yourself - or have your sister do it - so you can understand you're attempting to fight facts with your ignorance.

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
Your not a native Texan. Quit perpetuating lies. Native Texan men are gentlemen and don't hurl insults like 5th graders. I hold three patents. How is that for ignorance? How many patents do you hold
dumbsouth?

Sorry about the sidetrack OP. Dumbsouth is obviously suffering from the ol Napoleon complex.

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Your not a native Texan. Quit perpetuating lies. Native Texan men are gentlemen and don't hurl insults like 5th graders. I hold three patents. How is that for ignorance? How many patents do you hold
dumbsouth?

Sorry about the sidetrack OP. Dumbsouth is obviously suffering from the ol Napoleon complex.
Well, you certainly wasted your time on those three patents as you've got the market cornered on ignorance, stupidity and bull$hit. Nobody would dare take steal those from you as it's evident based upon your posts in this forum that you're grandfathered in and have it perfected. Patents are certainly not a sign of intelligence but instead a sign that you can actually prove something is rightfully your idea - something you and TC have yet to do in this forum concerning the 3rd Gen Ecodiesel. Try again GENIUS...

As for the OP, he has now seen that TC can't support his supposition and you riding in on your shetland pony to defend your lover's ASSumptions is laughable.

Finally, us native Texans can spot bull$hit from a mile away and I saw yours with Post #9.

Polymers

Apr 3, 2021
Truck Year
For your information those patents provide $400k plus per year in income so ill just keep taking my ignorance straight to the bank. I hope you enjoy your ride to work come Monday morning. Hopefully you don't treat your coworkers with the same hatred as you do folks on this forum. Also, just like a 5th gtader, i am sure you need to get the last insult in so have at it.

OP good luck with your decision.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

Thomas16EDRam, unfortunate, what warranty is covering the $$$$, interested in knowing If you paid for extended warranty, that's another option for the VM3.0, it won't cover the away loses but sure makes the pay pill allot easier to swallow. 126 Why is My font dark.

Last edited:

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Did you hit the “B” button next to the “I”above where your type appears to the left?8D79C7A6-09E8-4FC2-9559-1D1F48A0FDF0.jpeg

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I tried that it won't change the Bold.... Well, it's working correctly now all good

Thomas16EDRam

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year

Thomas16EDRam, unfortunate, what warranty is covering the $$$$, interested in knowing If you paid for extended warranty, that's another option for the VM3.0, it won't cover the away loses but sure makes the pay pill allot easier to swallow. 126 Why is My font dark.