• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

West Canadian EcoDiesel

Corkit2

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Hey guys
New from western BC outside Vancouver

I had a HEMI Ram for a while and traded to the ecodiesel

What’s the best and worst thing about these engines / trucks?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum! The worst: they catch on fire way to often compared to other trucks.. the emissions components (EGR specifically) fails a lot more often than others. Sometimes people lose a motor..

The good thing: fuel mileage is generally good. They are nice, smooth and powerful for the size. Overall, if you don't catch some bad luck you'll love the EcoDiesel!

Corkit2

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I heard about the EGR system as been looking into some full delete kits... but still very ignorant to all of it yet. As in I don’t know what it does... I just wanted to get rid of the DEF but found a whole new world attached to it

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would delete ASAP, The Motor does we'll Delete.

I Know law but the 3.0VM in long term ownership tips the scale in favor of deleting, I returned My 3.0 Back to Fiat, If I would have kept it, I would have upgraded to missing components , W or W/O EPA blessing.

Corkit2

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I would delete ASAP, The Motor does we'll Delete.

I Know law but the 3.0VM in long term ownership tips the scale in favor of deleting, I returned My 3.0 Back to Fiat, If I would have kept it, I would have upgraded to missing components , W or W/O EPA blessing.

I’ve heard it improves gas mileage and power, as well from what I’ve heard the EGR system doesn’t exist on the engines in Italy? Which is why the issues are so persistent being an “afterthought”
That being said I don’t want to have a plume of black smoke coming out my exhaust when I floor it...

Am I correct?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
NO, the Euro's have it also but in small vehicles 3000-3200Lbs.

The right Tune and upgraded foot = No coal. The EPA is going to break records in 2020-21 for CAA Proecutions ,So get that missing components upgrade ASAP.

Yes the mileage will improve (Small), But I don't buy into the claims thou...…. The AEM has mess with MPG so you may get 1-3 gain, Hard to say.