• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your ED today??

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
I made my first trip to Lowe's and loaded up! Ok, it was only one piece of 5/4 but it was 12' long.

IMG_1487.JPG

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
I hear ya. There's a fine line between "don't scratch it up" and "it's a pick up, use it. "

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Go line-x. It will look goof and solve your problems...

View attachment 60

We will be moving soon so I started to tare down my wood shop in the basement. I took a piece of 3/4 mdf and laid it in the bottom of the bed. Then filled'er up! I know I was well over the max payload. I bet you I had close to 1500lb in the bed. Then I connected a 6x10 flat trailer and loaded another 1500 maybe 2000lb to that.

The ass squatted a bit but nothing drastic. I was amazed at how well the truck drove! The trip was about 22 miles one way. Mostly highway. The only limit I could detect was my nervous right foot. I don't know how they calculate payload ratings but I think this truck is seriously underrated!

The bad news was how bad the bed was scratched. I missed a few screws and they of course found there way right to the metal.

My truck goes in Tuesday to have a spray in bed liner installed then the whole bed will be carpeted. I'm also going to build a cap and order on Tuesday as well.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
We will be moving soon so I started to tare down my wood shop in the basement. I took a piece of 3/4 mdf and laid it in the bottom of the bed. Then filled'er up! I know I was well over the max payload. I bet you I had close to 1500lb in the bed. Then I connected a 6x10 flat trailer and loaded another 1500 maybe 2000lb to that.

The ass squatted a bit but nothing drastic. I was amazed at how well the truck drove! The trip was about 22 miles one way. Mostly highway. The only limit I could detect was my nervous right foot. I don't know how they calculate payload ratings but I think this truck is seriously underrated!

The bad news was how bad the bed was scratched. I missed a few screws and they of course found there way right to the metal.

My truck goes in Tuesday to have a spray in bed liner installed then the whole bed will be carpeted. I'm also going to build a cap and order on Tuesday as well.

Which brand are you going with?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Will do. I'm dropping her off tonight after work and picking up tomorrow afternoon. It's going to get a good workout this weekend too. I have a lot more of my wood shop torn down. It's in the garage waiting to be brought to the dump. I'll let ya know how it holds up.

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
I did some of this today. The wife is picking on me for still using the trailer. I need smaller ramps that fit in the short bed.

image.jpg

miked

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
Drove mine through the rain today. It will give me a weekend project to wash and wax I guess