• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What exterior accessories have you added?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
This is also up in another part of the site but it's still an add on!

20150927_033952.jpg 20150927_034058.jpg

20' retractable block heater

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I've seen that. Very slick. I've got mine just tucked under the hood. Just pop the hood and plug in. (Truck spends its nights in the garage.)

On another note- any chance you/anyone can find a part # to the plastic surrounds that encompass your towhooks? I added tow hooks to mine but haven't added the shrouds back in. Doesn't look right as it sits now. Could just cut up the old ones I guess....
8c1addb2cfaaa0965b9e12eee665d4ca.jpg
a244ea11d8ac82b01f7d3677c2a09b17.jpg

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
On another note- any chance you/anyone can find a part # to the plastic surrounds that encompass your towhooks? I added tow hooks to mine but haven't added the shrouds back in. Doesn't look right as it sits now. Could just cut up the old ones I guess....

Mopar part number 68196982AA

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
I've added EGR vent visors black matte and same for the bug gaurd across the hood. Plus added a LED light bar with LED fog and headlight bulbs. Line-X spray in bed liner too.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
20151112_143300.jpg

Had it all installed anyways, then had a warm day I had to go out of town last week. 55-60 degrees, oil and coolant temps were hitting mid 220s so I stopped and pulled the top off, took all of 45 seconds on the side of the road.

Winter is showing up tonight and seems here to stay so it'll be going back on after Work and should be staying now.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Tailgate assist. Sweeeeeet.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Tailgate assist. Sweeeeeet.
Have you seen the one from Geno's garage? Requires drill install and the torsion bar already in our tailgates doesn't completely let it down without applying pressure, BUT it also features lift assist so 2 finger tailgate closing

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
No I haven't. Tailgate up isn't a big deal. My daughter dropping the tailgate on her head is tho....

Dkeith942

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
I've done a JackRabbit retractable bed cover, the Mopar version of the BedRug, LED fogs, lows & high beams (no modifications to the housings or covers). N-Fab nerf bars & a 1.5" leveling kit.
0d0d75d3dfefc4edaa691a884060f4d4.jpg

The high beams are unbelievable. The fog lights are unbelievable. The low beams are definitely an improvement from stock but are the least of the three.

I just realized I don't have any photos of the N-Fab's or the bed cover...

Dkeith942

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
I've never heard good feedback about LEDs in headlights.. what bulb did you get? Glad to hear they are better, because I've been wanting to try some.
I ordered mine from Auto LED. They're a company up in Canada. They don't have a website but they are very quick to answer via email 24/7. Braden is the guy. He uses FB for the company and you can find him there or the email is [email protected]

I have no connection to this company, just reporting.

I like their canbus , "antiflicker" boxes. They're small and more importantly, work. The bulbs I used were the Phillips ZES. They have an adjustable collar and adjustable seating depth. You can clock them to achieve the best beam pattern.

The high beams were a mess...lol. I was advised that they would not fit. That naturally was a challenge. :)

Here's a photo to prove they do without modifications.
18db80cd616d568832d5856ca1ebe51a.jpg

5d24634adc467e737da38b3b7392c85e.jpg

I can't describe the difference in the high beams... it's like having an entirely different light.... SUPER bright.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You do get quite a bit of room to alter and Work with the quad reflectors. The factory projectors are super tight. I've managed to squeeze my ballasts and ignitors into the housing though and it's clean. All I have is two short wires coming from the seam of the rear cover for my HID power input (using a power harness vs factory wiring) and out to the factory resistors. If I ever have a reason to take my grill off or headlights out again I'll be sure to take pictures for everyone to see. It's very clean considering.

Body shop that fixed my deer collision said at first they would put it back to how I had it including the headlight modification. Once they got it apart and saw how clean the install was and how picky I am they wouldn't touch it. So I got to tear the truck all apart the day it came back from the body shop and find the rest of the crap they didn't care to finish. Like fastening the radiator splash guard (left barely hanging on) or properly installing a park sensor in the bumper.

madpuma13

Dec 10, 2015
Truck Year
I really need to do a build
thread.

So far I have installed:
Gde
Amp Power steps
Amp Bed step
Huper optik ceramic tint including windshield
Rax jailbreak by customtronix
Front camera
Tail gate assist
Replaced single usb charger in center console with dual charger
Currently working on replacing my quads with retrofitting rx350 projectors into a pair of duals

Future plans include:
Cargo camera
Dvr (video recorder) to record the front and cargo camera while the truck is on
In cab microphone (also recorded by dvr)
Daytime running lights
Hellwig sway bar
Air lift bags
Cigarette lighter in ram box
Bed liner, most likely line x

Still thinking about doing the following but not sold on then yet:
Led fogs ( can't find bright amber leds. I only use fogs when
actually needed and amber is the best for that)
Extra reverse lights, led or otherwise
Back rack
Tuff truck springs
In cab camera ( recorded by dvr )

I think that's everything I want. When it all happens, who knows.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I really need to do a build
thread.

So far I have installed:
Gde
Amp Power steps
Amp Bed step
Huper optik ceramic tint including windshield
Rax jailbreak by customtronix
Front camera
Tail gate assist
Replaced single usb charger in center console with dual charger
Currently working on replacing my quads with retrofitting rx350 projectors into a pair of duals

Future plans include:
Cargo camera
Dvr (video recorder) to record the front and cargo camera while the truck is on
In cab microphone (also recorded by dvr)
Daytime running lights
Hellwig sway bar
Air lift bags
Cigarette lighter in ram box
Bed liner, most likely line x

Still thinking about doing the following but not sold on then yet:
Led fogs ( can't find bright amber leds. I only use fogs when
actually needed and amber is the best for that)
Extra reverse lights, led or otherwise
Back rack
Tuff truck springs
In cab camera ( recorded by dvr )

I think that's everything I want. When it all happens, who knows.

Is your truck used commercially? Uber?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
No, I thought it would be fun to do though.

Living in the country isn't conducive to bring an uber driver.

Did you get a ride from a fine looking truck like mine? [emoji38]

Lol no. But figured that had to be it with the in cab camera & mic. Like taxicab confessions hahaha....

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Well this is the 1st add-on piece I've purchased for my new truck when it arrives, it's kinda sad that knowing how much $$$$'s we've spent on these trucks, one has to make this type of purchase.

Fuel Cap.JPG