• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What should I watch for as a new owner

Murray

Feb 3, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2015 eco diesal so that is not yet quite a year old with approx 8k. I haven't had any problems yet , but all I've read our bad reviews on this . I am hoping someone can let me know what to watch for . Thanks for any info and input

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2015 eco diesal so that is not yet quite a year old with approx 8k. I haven't had any problems yet , but all I've read our bad reviews on this . I am hoping someone can let me know what to watch for . Thanks for any info and input

Welcome!

Just keep up with maintenance.. that will give you the best odds of trouble free miles ahead.

Cmopar

Oct 18, 2016
Truck Year
As with most forums only the folks with bad news take the time to input. I have very little time to watch and respond; too busy using and enjoying my EcoDiesel. Take good care of her...

Best of luck!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 and yes I got a new catalyst and DPF on a recall, but other than that the normal nitpicking stuff fixed under warranty. Dome lights go dim, replaced, air leak at drivers side door upper rear corner, only on cross wind, dealer could not duplicate. Go figure. Man, I was a Chevy guy through and through but this ED has worked its way with me. I have the crew cab and my wife and I joke that there is more square footage in the cab than our first house. The storage systems are phenomenal. It still drives like a big vehicle but the ride is superior. Integrated trailer brake is flawless. All that said do the same thing I have done with my Chevy's, 397,411 on my 95 Z71, Maintenance-Maintenance-Maintenance.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Change the oil, drain the fuel filter. Fill it up with lots of fuel and drive on! 42k on my '15 without a powertrain related dealer visit.

Jerry

Mar 2, 2016
Truck Year
As most folks have said, do the maintenance when it says to do it. Don't overload it. 23 000 on 2016 not a hitch. Also said most people griping on this forum are the very few that have had problems. Reading between the lines most didi ttithemselves. But not all. There are well over 150,000 of these running without a hitch. I personally thrilled with the truck. You will be also.

Peter

Sep 16, 2016
Truck Year
We have a 2015 eco and have had the fuel line replaced. It had a black sludge in the fuel tank which dealer said was from water in fuel. Need to get your insurance company to check out the tank if that happens. Cost $6500 to fix.

hav

Calvin Blackwell

Jul 26, 2016
Truck Year
I have 2016 laramie ED. Had a couple issues early on around 2k miles.. with a fault light that would come on from time to time, warranty took care of it, actually ended up being a loose ground in the dash that faulted the ISO

Mscolgan

Jan 2, 2017
Truck Year
You will get a distorted picture if you depend on information from the internet. Too much of it is negative. The note here about water in the fuel tank is an example of this. I don't blame the owner for being pissed at the fact he has to spend $6500 to fix it but this problem is really just bad luck and not related to the quality of the vehicle (the truck didn't put the water in the fuel) . These trucks are a little more complicated than those with gas engines so in any case where you have a problem make sure the dealer has their best technician working on it. I had a couple of ETC problems when it was new but once the dealer figured it out it has run perfectly (and it uses less that 10.5 litres per 100 km!!!).