• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What years don't need phone cable to hook up

Pacifictime

Apr 18, 2022
I'm shopping for an ecodiesel and would like to know what years automatically hook up Car Play to your phone. My other car has to have a cable hooked to the phone to start Carplay. That is such a pain that I vowed to not buy another car that needs a cable hookup. Thanks

Pacifictime

Apr 18, 2022
it's not that I want Carplay, I do, I just want it to hook up to my phone without the need for a lightening cable.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn. It comes with Uconnect that is bluetooth. Once your phone is connected through bluetooth, it always recognizes your phone.

Pacifictime

Apr 18, 2022
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn. It comes with Uconnect that is bluetooth. Once your phone is connected through bluetooth, it always recognizes your phone.

Is that what Uconnect means?

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year

Is that what Uconnect means?
Dodge trucks do not have car play. You need to check to see if the vehicle you purchase has the u-connect blue tooth installed. if not, there is a kit you can purchase. The touchscreen display should say phone at the bottom. You can see if your phone is compatible by visiting uconnectphone.com. You may need to download the u-connect app from the app store. I want to send you some pics. but I need to restart my computer. Standby

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
Dodge trucks do not have car play. You need to check to see if the vehicle you purchase has the u-connect blue tooth installed. if not, there is a kit you can purchase. The touchscreen display should say phone at the bottom. You can see if your phone is compatible by visiting uconnectphone.com. You may need to download the u-connect app from the app store. I want to send you some pics. but I need to restart my computer. Standby

Attachments

• IMG_3026 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_3026 (1024x768).jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3028 (800x600) (2).jpg
    IMG_3028 (800x600) (2).jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 4

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
My 2015 automatically connects via bluetooth. Hands free calling, Music streaming.
I Googled and found that Dodge started putting Apple Car Play in 2018 and up high end models. I have an Iphone and it works with either system without a cable. Why are you so hung up on Apple Car Play?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I Googled and found that Dodge started putting Apple Car Play in 2018 and up high end models. I have an Iphone and it works with either system without a cable. Why are you so hung up on Apple Car Play?
Who is hung up on Apple Car Play? I don't even have it! Seems like you might be confused?