• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's that sound?

Locknload

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
When I come to a stop I hear something "winding up",sounds like a sport bike hitting the rev limiter in the distance. can someone identify?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I could do without all the downshifting as well. This truck has great brakes. And in my opinion, I'd rather use them than the 'computer' slowing the vehicle down for me via transmission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

John

Nov 13, 2015
From GDE:

There is no engine braking in the stock tune that is accomplished via management of the vanes' position. We've seen this quotes in a few places now and is unfortunately misinformation.

The only thing the stock tune does is downshift the transmission if you're going down a hill in cruise control and the vehicle speed exceeds the cruise set speed.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
From GDE:

There is no engine braking in the stock tune that is accomplished via management of the vanes' position. We've seen this quotes in a few places now and is unfortunately misinformation.

The only thing the stock tune does is downshift the transmission if you're going down a hill in cruise control and the vehicle speed exceeds the cruise set speed.
It's not just cruise control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Locknload

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
Allow me to clarify the truck has stopped, stationary for a few seconds then I get this whirring sound like someone who just bought a rice rocket and is about to buy the farm. I think I need to try a get this on "tape"as it were.

Aaron Ploog

Jan 4, 2017
Truck Year
When I come to a stop I hear something "winding up",sounds like a sport bike hitting the rev limiter in the distance. can someone identify?
Any luck diagnosing that sound? I've got it too. It just started out of the blue 2 days ago. Stock 2015 Bighorn. At stops, just like yours.

Locknload

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
Any luck diagnosing that sound? I've got it too. It just started out of the blue 2 days ago. Stock 2015 Bighorn. At stops, just like yours.
Have not pursued the matter further,thinking it's electric fan or such.just not used to Italian fans i reckon