• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheel lock key?

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
My wheel lock key is gone. I am taking my truck in to the dealership service department for new tires and rims soon. Does anyone know if they have a master key? Do I need to order a new one before they can take them off?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
My wheel lock key is gone. I am taking my truck in to the dealership service department for new tires and rims soon. Does anyone know if they have a master key? Do I need to order a new one before they can take them off?

I would think the dealer would have the key they need to get your rims off. Just give'm a call to be sure.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
It would be a good idea to have your own anyway. Maybe you can get one from an auto parts store.?.

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
It would be a good idea to have your own anyway. Maybe you can get one from an auto parts store.?.
Bought the truck last week and the dealer never gave it to me. They can give me new lugs for free as far as I am concerned.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bought the truck last week and the dealer never gave it to me. They can give me new lugs for free as far as I am concerned.

I would at least try that, and maybe worst case they get you a key lock to fit it.

ecoram15

Jun 22, 2015
Truck Year
No. Since I was getting new rims put on, they just took the locks off and provided new locks and key with my new rims! Free of charge of course [emoji3]

Aftermarket rims or factory?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
No. Since I was getting new rims put on, they just took the locks off and provided new locks and key with my new rims! Free of charge of course [emoji3]

Good deal, glad they came through for you!

Rivercityjack

May 30, 2015
Truck Year
You might check the tire lug nut tool and see if it is attached to the wrench. It is located under the passenger side front seat with a pull out plastic cover. I looked for mine forever until the service writer showed me where it was located.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
My truck had a plastic bag with 4 wheel locks and the 4 lug nuts that the locks replaced in a bag that said goes to customer. Also yhere was another bag that said goes to customer that did not say what it was for. Ask dealer and they told me it was a cover you plug into the wireing harness if you take off the tail gate. Everyone should make sure you got these with your truck as we paid dearly for these trucks.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
same deal, bag o nuts...no lock...had to call the dealer service center while I was in to get new tires fitted....the socket lock was zip tied to the jack....