• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which Tune do I have

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
I bought my truck used with a tune already installed. All I know is that the DEF gauge reads empty and I have never added any and I get no errors or anything of the such. I did look under the truck and noticed my exhaust said Bosch on it, is that stock? How can I figure out what tune I have?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's hard to tell sometimes. Sometimes you get lucky and the tuner will put a sticker on the ECM. Also, perhaps someone will chine in here with tuning that can hopefully shed some light on those characteristics can lead you down the right path..

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I feel your pain... Im in the exact same boat only ive had my truck for a couple months... also found I have a banks intake and an aftermarket exhaust... I even discovered the previous owner had lowered my truck which I ended up changing. I bought mine from a small used car dealer that bought it at an auction... they never disclosed that it was deleted but they did say rthe engine was modified for more power.. Now I'm getting recall notices in the mail and am unsure what to do.

you might want to see if your cruise control works at 25mph as mine does. that may help narrow it but chances are it a GDE or sofatune tune.

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
I feel your pain... Im in the exact same boat only ive had my truck for a couple months... also found I have a banks intake and an aftermarket exhaust... I even discovered the previous owner had lowered my truck which I ended up changing. I bought mine from a small used car dealer that bought it at an auction... they never disclosed that it was deleted but they did say rthe engine was modified for more power.. Now I'm getting recall notices in the mail and am unsure what to do.

you might want to see if your cruise control works at 25mph as mine does. that may help narrow it but chances are it a GDE or sofatune tune.
I did try the 25mph cruise thing and it did not work. How do you know you have an aftermarket exhaust? I was thinking I may have one but I don't know what the original was.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I did try the 25mph cruise thing and it did not work. How do you know you have an aftermarket exhaust? I was thinking I may have one but I don't know what the original was.
does it have a cat converter and muffler and a couple sensors with wires screwed into it?

Flhrci03

Oct 26, 2021
Truck Year
Same boat bought used totally deleted runs great but can't find anyone to tune

EARL99208

Jul 7, 2021
Truck Year

What is this 25mph cruise control you speak of?

EARL99208

Jul 7, 2021
Truck Year
some tunes like the GDE tune allow cruise control to work starting at 25mph the factory tune does not allow it to work below 40 or 45mph I believe.
Damn…..I never knew that.
My cruise control is available at 25mph.
I guess that means that I already have a tune in my truck huh?

I wonder which time I have then. How the hell is someone to find out if we end up buying them used?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Damn…..I never knew that.
My cruise control is available at 25mph.
I guess that means that I already have a tune in my truck huh?

I wonder which time I have then. How the hell is someone to find out if we end up buying them used?
I dont know if all years are the same, I actually discovered the cruise control thing here in another thread.

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
does it have a cat converter and muffler and a couple sensors with wires screwed into it?
So I actually tried the cruise control thing again and it did work at 25mph I must have hit the wrong button last time. And yes I have all the wires and crap but the brand of exhaust is bosch, not sure what the came with originally.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
So I actually tried the cruise control thing again and it did work at 25mph I must have hit the wrong button last time. And yes I have all the wires and crap but the brand of exhaust is bosch, not sure what the came with originally.
sounds like you may still have the stock exhaust and maybe even have the egr in place but disabled..

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
sounds like you may still have the stock exhaust and maybe even have the egr in place but disabled..
I definitely have the EGR but is disabled. Thing I don't understand it how do I have stock exhaust but no DEF.

Spiderman112358

Oct 28, 2020
Truck Year

Frankly, if the truck runs well, DO NOT take it in for any engine recall. My 2014 went in for the recall to get the truck to conform to EPA specs. At 92K the engine quit and went into limp mode. It's been at the dealership for repair under the extended warranty issued by FCA up to 120K miles. My truck is now been at the dealership for over 65 days and no solution insight. Even the engineers at FCA are stumped. I finally filled a complaint with the MI Secretary of State. I'm now thinking of hiring an attorney . What a cluster F**k. As soon as I get my truck back, if ever, I'm going to buy the Green Diesel Engineering tune. FCA has really messed up my truck.

william.m

Sep 25, 2021
Truck Year
Frankly, if the truck runs well, DO NOT take it in for any engine recall. My 2014 went in for the recall to get the truck to conform to EPA specs. At 92K the engine quit and went into limp mode. It's been at the dealership for repair under the extended warranty issued by FCA up to 120K miles. My truck is now been at the dealership for over 65 days and no solution insight. Even the engineers at FCA are stumped. I finally filled a complaint with the MI Secretary of State. I'm now thinking of hiring an attorney . What a cluster F**k. As soon as I get my truck back, if ever, I'm going to buy the Green Diesel Engineering tune. FCA has really messed up my truck.
Actually my truck went in for the FCA update already and then it must have been retuned or tuned after that. I have the Sticker under my hood when the recall was done on it.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year

If you have a Banks intake you have a delete tune as this manifold has no allowance for the EGR diffuser tube and does not have the swirl valves. Here in OK the used car lot has to disclose if the truck has had a system delete, but many do not know the difference. Any program update from the dealer will blank your delete program and you will have to reinstall all the OEM parts. As of this year the EPA shut down all the Nation Wide programmers who offered a delete option. I know of a couple of local shops who do thier own programming but not advertised and may not be totally reliable as they have no telemetry to check their changes and may not have a complete grasp of engine tunes, just lots of smoke.
Good Luck.