• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Why a stone / bug deflector?

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Ok, so here are my thoughts. The current Ram series trucks has a hood that's almost horizontal on the front edge. So would it really be protecting it from chips and bugs? Also if you add the deflector since it will also be almost horizontal, then it probably wont reduce the amount of bugs hitting the windshield right? Last, if keeping the paint on the front edge nice is important, then wouldn't you want a full width deflector? I'm asking these questions because I'm on the fence about this one. Anyone out there already got one for their ED, and if so, please respond in regards to the above questions. Thanks!

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Oh, okay... Not familiar with that... Will look into it. Sounds kinda slick!

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
This PPF (Paint Protection Film) that you turned me on to is Very cool! Will have to go visit a local shop and would like to see it on a vehicle.