• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Why I will never buy an Ecodiesel or any FCA product ever again.

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
For the original poster, its crazy how many problems you've had and diverse ones at that. Rear camera light, fuel system etc? How are you driving the truck? I have a 2016 Laramie and while I've only put about 15,000mi on it I've had 0 issues with it. Curious how you would describe your driving style? Also, fuel pump has a issue, run some fuel additive for lubrication until they can get it figured out.

EcoRama

Jun 16, 2023
Truck Year
I realize this is a grip about the dealership service department, but it ties into the overall experience dealing with FCA. NEVER in my life have I experienced such failure of customer service than with the service department at FCA Dealerships. Could it be that management at FCA dealers are all just incompetent and/or blinded by pure arrogance and lack mental capacity or is it possible they actually think they're entitled with so much business they just don't give a flying f@%K about customer satisfaction. I sympathize if their employees are overworked, underpaid, and possibly ill informed, but then ultimately isn't that the fault of incompetent management. To continue this mode of operation is inexcusable is unexceptable and eventually enough customers will spread the word and any who would've returned will not.

Last edited:

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
For the original poster, its crazy how many problems you've had and diverse ones at that. Rear camera light, fuel system etc? How are you driving the truck? I have a 2016 Laramie and while I've only put about 15,000mi on it I've had 0 issues with it. Curious how you would describe your driving style? Also, fuel pump has a issue, run some fuel additive for lubrication until they can get it figured out.
I have 96k on my 18 ED. No major issues. I did notice how you asked one question in two different ways and he still did not answer. Only a gripe. I am thinking it is his driving habits/style and probably the way he talks to the service department. I am sure he does make a valid point to some degree regarding the dealer. I for one will be glad when he decides to quit posting. It gets him no where with us.

Joeecodiesel

Jan 18, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry I’m not on here constantly.. I drive like a normal/ older person most of the time. I baby the truck and drive on the freeway frequently at 70+ for long periods of time. I’m in no way “driving a certain way” to make these things happen. Also, 15k miles? Talk to me after 100k and we will see if you are still “issue free”. My truck has 188k miles on it.

Joeecodiesel

Jan 18, 2020
Truck Year
I have 96k on my 18 ED. No major issues. I did notice how you asked one question in two different ways and he still did not answer. Only a gripe. I am thinking it is his driving habits/style and probably the way he talks to the service department. I am sure he does make a valid point to some degree regarding the dealer. I for one will be glad when he decides to quit posting. It gets him no where with us.
Had to laugh at this… “the way I talk to the service department” I’m sure is the reason my truck has had all these issues.. makes perfect sense…

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
My truck has 75,000 overall, I've only put 15,000 on myself. I wasn't accusing you of anything, just curious. If you drive it like a Grandpa, same as me, then shame on FCA, your truck should work.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Sorry I’m not on here constantly.. I drive like a normal/ older person most of the time. I baby the truck and drive on the freeway frequently at 70+ for long periods of time. I’m in no way “driving a certain way” to make these things happen. Also, 15k miles? Talk to me after 100k and we will see if you are still “issue free”. My truck has 188k miles on it.
188k... everything will have some type of issues at that mileage. Regardless of the manufacturer. If you were sitting below 100k or within the 5 year warranty period it would be different, but at that mileage the dealer has no obligation except for the recalls. Either suck it up and pay for the repairs or trade it in. Two very simple remedies. My VW does not instantly shift into drive with 214k and my Tacoma water pump started l leaking at 230k but I don't expect the dealership to take care of the repairs.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Had to laugh at this… “the way I talk to the service department” I’m sure is the reason my truck has had all these issues.. makes perfect sense…
It actually does. Think about it. Many people who are frustrated take it out or become aggravated with the service department/writers because they have vehicle issues and they might not get resolved. The more aggressive one is, the less likely they are to help. I mean it's not rocket science. We have all been there at some point in our lives.

RamBill

Jan 13, 2022
Truck Year
I have 211k miles on my 2015 and the only issue is the buildup of exhaust crap in the manifold and the EGR crud. I clean it out and keep on rolling. I am still stock but will be installing the GDE tune in the next 30-60 days. we will see if all the reviews are true.
I don't haul a lot of trailers. It's my daily driver.
Love mine and wish I knew what I know now, when I first bought the truck....... I would have done the additional maintenance from the beginning.