Why you decided to buy new instead of used?

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Pewaukee WI.
Truck Year
So I've been getting a lot of grief at work since I bought my truck for "having to much money".

While I know for certain that is a false statement it had me thinking of the reasons I like to buy new.

1. I'm a "car guy". I'm up on most of what's available. I read a lot about vehicles in general. I would consider myself a well informed consumer and therefore lean towards new just to have the latest and greatest.

2. I'm OCD about my trucks. Not knowing exactly how a truck was treated before me makes me think every vehicle I didn't own was abused:eek:

3. For me buying a new truck is FUN! Sure it's a lot of money but I'm the type that will drive it until the wheels fall off. Usually by that time so many new advancements have come out that looking for a new truck is,again.......FUN.

4. I don't think there is as much "value" in used as many believe. I mean, sure, if you buy a truck keep it for a year and trade it in you'll loose your ass. But a couple year old truck stickers at almost as much as the equivalent new one. At least that was my experience when I was shopping. Actually one truck I considered was a 2014 longhorn ED 4x4. Sticker was 49k and they would not move! Not even a dollar.

So those are a few reasons why I bought new. What say you?

Reactions: Razzaa

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
So I've been getting a lot of grief at work since I bought my truck for "having to much money".

While I know for certain that is a false statement it had me thinking of the reasons I like to buy new.

1. I'm a "car guy". I'm up on most of what's available. I read a lot about vehicles in general. I would consider myself a well informed consumer and therefore lean towards new just to have the latest and greatest.

2. I'm OCD about my trucks. Not knowing exactly how a truck was treated before me makes me think every vehicle I didn't own was abused:eek:

3. For me buying a new truck is FUN! Sure it's a lot of money but I'm the type that will drive it until the wheels fall off. Usually by that time so many new advancements have come out that looking for a new truck is,again.......FUN.

4. I don't think there is as much "value" in used as many believe. I mean, sure, if you buy a truck keep it for a year and trade it in you'll loose your ass. But a couple year old truck stickers at almost as much as the equivalent new one. At least that was my experience when I was shopping. Actually one truck I considered was a 2014 longhorn ED 4x4. Sticker was 49k and they would not move! Not even a dollar.

So those are a few reasons why I bought new. What say you?
Hit the head on the nail. I like new stuff!!! I typically trade in every 3 years. I always have new and always under warranty!!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
OHIO
Truck Year
....Because I've never bought new and this truck is the greatest thing since sliced bread lol.

Reactions: Ramconvert

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Tennessee
ecodieselram.com
Truck Year
Not Listed
1) Diesels hold their value much better, and a lot of times because of the finance rate it pays to pay 2-4 more thousand for a new one. Plus, it's new! :D

2) Finding a used EcoDiesel was pretty tough awhile back ago because of how new they were.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Pewaukee WI.
Truck Year
Hit the head on the nail. I like new stuff!!! I typically trade in every 3 years. I always have new and always under warranty!!
So do you lease instead of buy? I have a buddy that's into f body cars (mustangs and camaros). He's leased for many years now. It fits him perfectly. He just considers car payments part of his normal bill. Like a utility. He's usually itching to buy the next model about a year after he takes delivery. Lol.

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
So do you lease instead of buy? I have a buddy that's into f body cars (mustangs and camaros). He's leased for many years now. It fits him perfectly. He just considers car payments part of his normal bill. Like a utility. He's usually itching to buy the next model about a year after he takes delivery. Lol.
I put a lot of miles on so leasing isn't an option unfortunately. I also just consider my payments part of my normal bill. My payments are always the same and I get to drive a new vehicle every couple of years!! [emoji3]