• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will limp mode happen if driving without tune for EGR, Swirl Valve delete?

Jaski

Dec 5, 2021
Truck Year
Quick (hopefully) question;

Background first, I have a 2016 ED. Stock Everything, all updates done. Had the turbo coolant line failure under the intake manifold and its past all warranty extensions. So I did the fix myself with silicone heater hose (100 degree hotter rating than stock hose) While I was in there I wanted to do away with the stock manifold, EGR valve and such as the soot was quite caked in there. I am waiting on tuners to respond with options on deleting the "throttle body" and swirl valves, besides the EGR delete of course. I have also blocked off the EGR valve at the end of the tube on the EGR itself.

The question: While I wait, will the truck go into limp mode or be inoperable until I receive the tune? I don't care about a code being thrown or a CEL, I am just wondering if the truck will start, run and drive until I get a file from a tuner to work? I did not remove the DPF and will be running that till it fails as well.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
In many cases it will eventually trigger some type of code relating rationale, you may be able to delete the code, but its only time before its triggered again, how many times before it starts the countdown to derated power I don't know.

Jaski

Dec 5, 2021
Truck Year
In many cases it will eventually trigger some type of code relating rationale, you may be able to delete the code, but its only time before its triggered again, how many times before it starts the countdown to derated power I don't know.
I wonder if I can just plug the sensors into the old intake and throw it in the bay somewhere haha

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I wonder if I can just plug the sensors into the old intake and throw it in the bay somewhere haha

Those things are picky enough being plugged into a working unit much less a non working one :D