• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will the delete DEF EGR not pass on a cross-town relocation inspection?

DannyTong

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
My car is a Ram 1500, and seeing what happened to many of my friends in this forum, I'm especially worried about my ecodiesel 3.0 engine, if I have to relocate my car across the province to another place to use it, will it not pass the inspection because of Delete def? I am using it in Canada.

If it doesn't pass do I need to have work done on the restoration and how will that affect the car?

And will it be particularly expensive to go back and forth? My English is not good and may seem broken, but answers and help would be appreciated, thanks! ~

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If you think you MIGHT have to go back and forth it's just not worth it honestly. It's a lot of work to tune/remove then redo it all again for a quick visit, just to do it all over again.. Your best bet is to figure out just how strict your area is.. I've heard it going both ways, some places don't care and don't even check while others are by the book.

DannyTong

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
If you think you MIGHT have to go back and forth it's just not worth it honestly. It's a lot of work to tune/remove then redo it all again for a quick visit, just to do it all over again.. Your best bet is to figure out just how strict your area is.. I've heard it going both ways, some places don't care and don't even check while others are by the book.
Thank you for your reply, as we are new immigrants we are not sure if we will live in this place yet, and if we move in the future we will definitely need this truck, so before I do it I will have to see if those places we are more likely to go to are restrictive on this, and if it is possible I would like to go and delete the nasties right away, as my car's faults, etc. have come on twice already, both of them suddenly came on after running on the freeway for a while and then after the speed dropped, and the way I deal with it now is that I have purchased a code reader computer, which clears the faults whenever I need it to do so, but I feel that it may be a problem for me to do so more in the future![...]

DannyTong

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
Would I have less trouble with all this if I removed and cleaned the EGR tube myself?