• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Won't start

mpdibiase

Aug 5, 2020
Truck Year
2015 model, no error codes on OBD and new battery, just gets one turn on every attempt.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I haven't experienced the crankshaft position sensor failure yet, so I'm not sure if this falls into that category or not.
Again, did it quit while running, or just not starting?

mpdibiase

Aug 5, 2020
Truck Year
I brought it in for a recall about a month ago and parked it for a few weeks and tried starting it last week with no success.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I brought it in for a recall about a month ago and parked it for a few weeks and tried starting it last week with no success.
Sounds like a low voltage situation to me, unless you already replaced the battery with a fully charged battery. Check the connections for corrosion or looseness

mpdibiase

Aug 5, 2020
Truck Year
New battery installed; although I do have a fused lead wire permanently attached inline with positive and negative battery connections for trickle charger. I should check that for voltage draining; I don't think that's the problem. If I could get some error codes on the OBD, it would be helpful to see where I have a problem. I heard on the grapevine that Chrysler has updated there onboard computers and software to lock out any diagnostic devices . Just wondering if that was part of the recall.

Boborazzi

Oct 31, 2021
Truck Year
What was the result of your won’t start issue? What was the fix? I am having the same issue. My 2016 has been to dealer 6 times in three months. Still have problems not starting. They have replace fuel pump and TIPM.

Healem

Feb 3, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all. I have a 16 Eco with 50k. I recently had an issue with it just cranking over and not starting. This happened a couple of months ago and then again a couple of days ago. Both times was on cold start. Put the Fob in and turn and is would just crank over. You could let go of the fob and it would still crank. After about 20 tries it finally started. The first time it happened My battery was weak and it needed to be replaced so I thought that was the problem Until a couple days ago when it did it again. Took it to the dealership and they could not find anything wrong. Has anybody experienced this issue? Thanks
I have been having the same issue although mine only cranks for a few seconds sounds like it is going to start and shuts down.
I have been able to get it going by cycling the fuel pump a few times. I have changed the filter twice with no apparent difference. Took it to the dealer where it started fine every time for 2 days. No codes and they can't find anything wrong.
Took it home and now it won't start at all. Just added some fuel from a Jerry can as I heard a weak pump will act up around 1/2 tank of fuel. Still no luck.
Welcome 1st post,
Did it shut down during operation, or not starting after having worked perfectly?
Tell us some more: year, kms or history
No it runs perfect once started.
112000 km on it
It is always after I have shut it down and try to start it after sitting for awhile.

Healem

Feb 3, 2022
Truck Year
I'm having the same problem with the start, even after changing the battery; although I'm only getting one crank turn over everytime I try to start it.
I should add that the dealer did a flow test on the lift pump and said it was good.

Healem

Feb 3, 2022
Truck Year
I have been having the same issue although mine only cranks for a few seconds sounds like it is going to start and shuts down.
I have been able to get it going by cycling the fuel pump a few times. I have changed the filter twice with no apparent difference. Took it to the dealer where it started fine every time for 2 days. No codes and they can't find anything wrong.
Took it home and now it won't start at all. Just added some fuel from a Jerry can as I heard a weak pump will act up around 1/2 tank of fuel. Still no luck.

No it runs perfect once started.
112000 km on it
It is always after I have shut it down and try to start it after sitting for awhile.
The dealer did a flow test on the lift pump and said it was good.

JonMFB

Jun 15, 2022
Truck Year
Same with my 2014 168k dealer replaced fuel pump and i replaced fuel filter yesterday and battery today.. nothin

ChillBill

Apr 30, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all. I have a 16 Eco with 50k. I recently had an issue with it just cranking over and not starting. This happened a couple of months ago and then again a couple of days ago. Both times was on cold start. Put the Fob in and turn and is would just crank over. You could let go of the fob and it would still crank. After about 20 tries it finally started. The first time it happened My battery was weak and it needed to be replaced so I thought that was the problem Until a couple days ago when it did it again. Took it to the dealership and they could not find anything wrong. Has anybody experienced this issue? Thanks
Just had same thing, it was my CP4 fuel pump. Expensive little guys to have replaced