• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WTF. Error message."service electronic throttle control"

dwagler

Jun 4, 2015
I have 4900 km on my truck and I get this message as I'm driving. I can only go 60 kph revving at 3000.
Anyone know what this is about ?
Can I drive it farther or will it shut down on me ?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your ecu is trying to protect something from damage. What is the pending and active codes? Yes 50 miles is the max safety limit you can drive while engine protection mode is on.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't have a code reader so I don't know the codes that are going on.

The local auto parts store usually will do it for free (AutoZone, Napa, etc).

All of the reports we've had here usually has the light come on for a little bit, then go off and not return. Hopefully it's nothing to crazy for you!

Welcome to the site!

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
So as with all the new vehicles, it's really important you purchase an obd reader module and keep it inside your truck at all times. It could save you a lot of trouble. Use the Android touchscan software. It will not interfere with your can bus systems.

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
My edge CTS does and I think Shawn has info on scan-gauge

dwagler

Jun 4, 2015
Here I am 2weeks later and have the same issue again... "Service electronic throttle control" The dealer re flashed the computer and the same thing ... Do I have a dud truck ??

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just going to have to go back to dealer and get them them go over it again they will fix it but it could take a few visits . ( patience will pay off in the long run) good luck and keep us posted.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
My truck did this the other night it flashed up for a second then went away I believe it was self inflicted because I had my foot tapped on brake while driving to shine a little light in the bed of the truck to make Sure the fridge I just bought wasn't moving around...

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone else noticed their brake pedal jumps around when going over bumps etc. Maybe it is something like that that is triggering it...it needs a stiffer return spring on the brake pedal

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
It seems to be computer glitchy from what I read. No rhyme or reason so far. hopefully they can find the software bug.

dwagler

Jun 4, 2015
I got the truck back today from the dealer! They changed the boost tube cause it had a slit in it. Truck works great now. They weren't sure how the cut could have gotten there....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I got the truck back today from the dealer! They changed the boost tube cause it had a slit in it. Truck works great now. They weren't sure how the cut could have gotten there....

Good info, thanks for reporting back!