• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

You wont believe this...

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Last month (March 23rd) my truck was towed to the local dealership. EGR failure and a spun main bearing (https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/threads/well-it-happened.4141/).

Today (4/15) I picked it up from the dealership with a complete engine replacement that thankfully was 100% warranty covered. I drove it home about 30 miles and stopped to top off the fuel at the gas station around the corner...smelled coolant. I look underneath and sure enough this brand new engine with maybe 40 miles on it is leaking coolant.

That is the last straw...looks like im shopping for a new truck this weekend. Chevy is offering great incentives right now...

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Can't say I blame you at all! But the second time sounds like something wasn't put together correctly. Did you take a look from underneath? Could be something simple.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The EGR coolers are a major problem. I am scheduled again for another EGR cooler. It sounds like someone missed a few steps fixing it. Bring it back to the dealer ASAP insist on a loaner. Don’t let the dealer play games.