• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Zone 1.5 Body Lift Installed!

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Finally got my Zone body lift installed yesterday. My son and his mechanic friend had it done in under 4 hours and I'm really happy with the finished product. It really compliments my maxed out Bilstein 6112 coilovers to give me a finished lift of 4 inches. I think this is the sweet spot for me as a 6 inch lift was a little too much for me. So without further ado here she is.....20200424_092907.jpg

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
2" Bora hubcentric adapters......12,000 kms and still going strong....zero issues....tire wear totally even and she handles like a sports car!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
10-4!! I have 1.5” now but I want a little wider. I was looking into the body lift because I work out of mine I don’t want to remove my leveling kit and get a bigger lift. I just want a tick more so my 35’s dont rub anymore 🙃

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
The zone 1.5 lift is awesome. No extensions, body gaps or geometry issues. Pretty straight forward with a few slight modifications that any home tools can handle

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Just ordered one! Should compliment my 2” leveling kit nicely! I’m seriously debating a set of 20x12 wheels now though 😂😂 I was mostly worried my hitch would be a tad lower than factory but after looking at your rig I see it’s just fine! Any tips I should be aware of before I start dismantling? I’m familiar with suspension and I have replaced some body bushings before but never fooled with body lifts. Will my steering wheel need to be realigned or did yours stay true?

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Hey Andy, I'm running Falken Wildpeak AT3W 295-60R20 on stock 20 x 9 chrome clad Laramie rims. I also have 2" Bora hubcentric wheel adapters on all 4 corners. I could easily run 35x12.50x20 without spacers and I'm confident 37's would work as well.20200506_143902.jpg

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Best truck tire I've owned by far. Very minimal wear after 8000 kms if any. Zero noise and just great performance on dry and wet pavement. I've recommended to a few co workers who were die hard BF Goodrich KO2 fan boys and they are now totally converted!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well.

4 hours of wrenching, grinding, cussing, case off beer and a piss break here she is!
Before 80F22B11-D79D-4691-839B-9E64FA337EAA.jpeg
after
00824556-F6EC-4BB8-A40E-AEB2B5CB0E8D.jpeg

the instructions aren’t even worth trying to start a fire with. Here’s a few tips from me:

I did unhook the battery, and my presets were saved which is why I didn’t want to do it to start with.

the body pucks are pretty straight forward, but separating the original washers for the cab was a little aggravating.

The front bumper brackets in the directions just tell you to drill holes theough the tabs, which is wrong. I measured from the bottom of the bracket an inch and a half and clamped my bracket there to drill the two holes.

the directions told me to take the two bolts that are in the fender well that is a huge pain. Come to find out it was for NO REASON.

The rear bed pucks went smooth. Until I realized I didn’t have the bed spacers in. I ended up having to drill the hole out to 1/2” on the square bed spacers to get the rubber isolater in it.

The bolts for the rear bumper were not even close to the correct threads I ended up reusing mine.

griding the studs off therear bumper mount tabs wasn’t bad.

my rear tire winch was rusted so bad it didn’t make the cut back into the truck.

My rear 1000hd bags didn’t affect it, and my hose for the air fill still has slack.

pick up 2 3/8 fender washers for the rear bumper step support, NOTHING in the kit filled the holes in my hitch. Luckily I had some laying around.

Patience and common sense go along way. Love the little more lift without being overbearing !!

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Nice write up Tremper. Your truck looks more like a truck now.....subtle but much better stance. My son and his friend who is an excellent mechanic with many truck lifts under his belt made it sound easy so I appologise if it came across as such. The instructions are the biggest let down of the Zone Lift and I've read many posts from other sites that recommend using Rough Country's 1.25" body lift and Performance Accessories 3" body lift instructions as a good reference.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
It’s no big deal! I was glad to find a reasonable lift to add just a tick more to my setup!!! I’ve done a few suspension lift systems. 4” in my 88 k5 blazer, 2.5” lifting leveling kit in my 01 ram, and the 2” leveling kit in my eco. I found the instructions For this kit very lacking. That being said, I have pulled the cab off trucks and the beds off of trucks, so it’s no different. The part that sucked ass was figuring out how to make a 50k truck’s bumper line up and the nerve racking feeling of having to drill holes perfectly. I planned to do a timelapse video but was more focused on the actual time for a 1 man job to tackle it.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Right on bud, glad that you got what you wanted. I highly recommend to anyone taking on this project to do some forum surfing to fill in the gaps in these pretty useless Zone instructions