• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Zone Lift Kits for Ram EcoDiesel Announced

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Just curious, but after adding larger tires is everyone recalibrating their odometer to accommodate for the larger tires and fewer rotations per mile..

Larger tires, higher mass to turn, and mechanical angles get sharper requiring more power to turn. Any and all of these items contribute to more fuel consumption.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just curious, but after adding larger tires is everyone recalibrating their odometer to accommodate for the larger tires and fewer rotations per mile..

Larger tires, higher mass to turn, and mechanical angles get sharper requiring more power to turn. Any and all of these items contribute to more fuel consumption.

Yea, most are reporting a 3-5 MPG Drop with lift kits and bigger tires.

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I also have a 2003 2500 Ram with v10 in it and it was lifted 4" and as tough as it looked going down the road.. the handling and bounce in the truck was crazy.. granted it is an older truck.. I had the lifts taken off winter is coming and I need a more stable truck in the snow. as much as I would like to raise my new toy up.. I so love the ride it gives right now.. I like the feel of being in a luxury car.... but it is truck!!!!