• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
anyone installed the banks intake manifold. Currently deleting everything and have been able to find install help on egr and exhaust but nothing on the intake manifold anywhere

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
didn't even know banks made an intake manifold for an ecodiesel

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
didn't even know banks made an intake manifold for an ecodiesel
I didn’t enter until a leaking egr cooler caused my map sensor to burn into the stock plastic intake manifold. Dealer wanted 1700 for new stock one and banks was 750, and it’s cast.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
I'd also like to one day replace my manifold for the Banks one. I did a cursory look but didn't find anything and Banks says on their website they don't have instructions. When the day comes I'll either start taking everything apart myself (and hope I can get it back together) or I'll take it to my local mechanic. I have a feeling that will be in 2 years when all of my warranties are up and I delete the EGR cooler and intake.

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
The egr cooler was pretty simple and had instructions online. They do say they don’t offer and instructions on the intake manifold, but I figured someone would have it on you tube and no luck lol. Guess I will just have to take a lot of pictures while taking the stock one off. I hit 100,000 back in August and everything’s coming off now.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Alldata has dyi program thats under $30 a year if I remember correctly. It has photos and instructions on just about everything for our trucks.

Tom Schuerman

Feb 8, 2018
Truck Year
anyone installed the banks intake manifold. Currently deleting everything and have been able to find install help on egr and exhaust but nothing on the intake manifold anywhere
Hi,
Did you end up doing this yet? I too am interested in the Banks intake (cast, EGR delete) and would like some pics or a video of the how to process.

Tom

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
Hi,
Did you end up doing this yet? I too am interested in the Banks intake (cast, EGR delete) and would like some pics or a video of the how to process.

Tom
Yeah I did it, but I waited too long. Damage was already done. Still waiting for my new engine to be put in. The egr delete was pretty simple and comes with good instructions. the intake manifold requires a lot of patience no instructions and removing wire harness and fuel lines, and right side fuel rail. Also turbo output elbow I believe it is called which is a pain in the ass to get too the two Allen bolts that are angled. Also fuel rail bolts are torx need special tool or you will have too notch them out and use a chisel to Break them loose. If you decide to do this and have any more questions once you get into it I’ll help you the best I can.

Savo

Aug 9, 2018
Truck Year
Yeah I did it, but I waited too long. Damage was already done. Still waiting for my new engine to be put in. The egr delete was pretty simple and comes with good instructions. the intake manifold requires a lot of patience no instructions and removing wire harness and fuel lines, and right side fuel rail. Also turbo output elbow I believe it is called which is a pain in the ass to get too the two Allen bolts that are angled. Also fuel rail bolts are torx need special tool or you will have too notch them out and use a chisel to Break them loose. If you decide to do this and have any more questions once you get into it I’ll help you the best I can.
My ecodiesel started smoking as hell, next thing you know intake manifold has two holes melted through. Going for Banks manifold but could sure use help removing the manifold. No instructions or videos available

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
How about an update Folks. August was the last post on this thread and I am looking at the Banks Intake hard.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
How about an update Folks. August was the last post on this thread and I am looking at the Banks Intake hard.
Well being as there’s no instructions, depending on how mechanically inclined you are would be the deciding factor. Unless you want to spend the coin and pay an independent shop to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
I didn’t get a video of install, but I was too aggravated during The process. If you order Sasquatch parts egr delete there are very good instructions for egr delete. Do the egr delete first getting the egr lines and cooler out of the way free up a lot of space to work. Once thats all out of the way. Disconnect wiring harness and remove throttle body which for the intake manifold you’ll also need the electronic throttle delete. Remove fuel lines and drivers side fuel rail. For fuel rail I had to notch the bolt head and chizzle it out, need special torx bit, but I took both off and when I put it back together used regular 12 mm hex bolts. Next step is the hardest. Removing turbo output elbow. There’s 2 Allen bolts holding it on and can not get to one of the manifold bolts without removing. The bolt between the elbow and the firewall is a bitch be extremely careful not to strip it. The next day because you’ll be so damn aggravated lol remove the 8 bolts I believe to remove intake manifold. Before you install new one go ahead and replace rubber heater hose for turbo water cooling lines my blew out a couple weeks ago and had to pull intake manifold again, and you don’t want to do that twice. I’m super happy with how this truck runs with everything deleted and tuning from GDE. It’s definitly worth the work. Here’s a picture of the turbo water cooling line blow out.

Attachments

• 262D913E-CE93-474B-B105-C66097D91757.png
    262D913E-CE93-474B-B105-C66097D91757.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 299

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks for the update TK. I have a bit of wrenching experience and do not see a problem installing the Banks intake. It is always nice to talk to someone who has done it. I have done the Stg 1 EGR delete and have the Stg 2 on my list to do. I will be looking close at the turbo cooling line and will consider replacing it.

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks for the update TK. I have a bit of wrenching experience and do not see a problem installing the Banks intake. It is always nice to talk to someone who has done it. I have done the Stg 1 EGR delete and have the Stg 2 on my list to do. I will be looking close at the turbo cooling line and will consider replacing it.
Just holler if you have any questions I’ve done it twice now

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
Just holler if you have any questions I’ve done it twice now
I replaced the hose with a silicone wrapped heater hose instead of the regular heater hose that was on there it’s like 8$ and worth going ahead and doing it while you have manifold off

Matthias

Jan 24, 2019
Truck Year
I replaced the hose with a silicone wrapped heater hose instead of the regular heater hose that was on there it’s like 8$ and worth going ahead and doing it while you have manifold off

So my intake manifold just went, haven't pulled anything off yet to see whats wrong, stealership said they did a soot test and determined the manifold is shot along with three other hoses which I have no idea what these other hoses are but they said its going to cost me $4320 plus tax to have everything replaced. So now I'm considering putting in a banks intake manifold and just would like to know what else is needed for the install as I'm going to attack this myself. Any information on this adventure would help.

LuisW35

Dec 28, 2018
Truck Year

What are the results of replacing the manifold? What where the benefits? I’m interested on getting one.

jimm

Feb 3, 2019
Truck Year
I talked to Nick today at Banks. They will not install manifold or reference anyone since it made for racing.
I'm throwing code p200a/b. I Took out egr tube , cleaned and looked in manifold - full of gunk.

Dealership Estimate-
OPERATION: 09500501 Intake Manifold, r&r 3.0L 14/15

NOTES: High pressure fuel tubes are onetime use only and must be replaced
anytime they have been removed
2-3 DAYS OUT JEN

QTY PART NUMBER PART DESCRIPTION PART PRICE EXT PRICE
1 CH68211167-AC MANIFOLD ENGINE INTA 1282.51 1282.51
1 CH68334956-AA TUBE KIT FUEL SUPPLY 322.21 322.21

LABOR $: 864.00
PARTS $: 1604.72
GOG $: 0.00
MISC. $: 0.00
TAX $: 152.45
------------------------
SUBTOTAL $: 2621.17

And the tech doesn't really want to do it. And I dont want him doing it. He's only done 1. Still looking for a shop to do it. 3 shops so far want nothing to do with it. Not including above Dealership

Matthias

Jan 24, 2019
Truck Year
I talked to Nick today at Banks. They will not install manifold or reference anyone since it made for racing.
I'm throwing code p200a/b. I Took out egr tube , cleaned and looked in manifold - full of gunk.

Dealership Estimate-
OPERATION: 09500501 Intake Manifold, r&r 3.0L 14/15

NOTES: High pressure fuel tubes are onetime use only and must be replaced
anytime they have been removed
2-3 DAYS OUT JEN

QTY PART NUMBER PART DESCRIPTION PART PRICE EXT PRICE
1 CH68211167-AC MANIFOLD ENGINE INTA 1282.51 1282.51
1 CH68334956-AA TUBE KIT FUEL SUPPLY 322.21 322.21

LABOR $: 864.00
PARTS $: 1604.72
GOG $: 0.00
MISC. $: 0.00
TAX $: 152.45
------------------------
SUBTOTAL $: 2621.17

And the tech doesn't really want to do it. And I dont want him doing it. He's only done 1. Still looking for a shop to do it. 3 shops so far want nothing to do with it. Not including above Dealership
I wish I got a detailed break down of what I need to get changed. All I got was that intake manifold needs to be changed. Planning to take the engine apart myself and shoot a video to help out. Cause no where online does anyone give a detailed tear down and how to deal with this spot problem.

Dakota88

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
I didn’t get a video of install, but I was too aggravated during The process. If you order Sasquatch parts egr delete there are very good instructions for egr delete. Do the egr delete first getting the egr lines and cooler out of the way free up a lot of space to work. Once thats all out of the way. Disconnect wiring harness and remove throttle body which for the intake manifold you’ll also need the electronic throttle delete. Remove fuel lines and drivers side fuel rail. For fuel rail I had to notch the bolt head and chizzle it out, need special torx bit, but I took both off and when I put it back together used regular 12 mm hex bolts. Next step is the hardest. Removing turbo output elbow. There’s 2 Allen bolts holding it on and can not get to one of the manifold bolts without removing. The bolt between the elbow and the firewall is a bitch be extremely careful not to strip it. The next day because you’ll be so damn aggravated lol remove the 8 bolts I believe to remove intake manifold. Before you install new one go ahead and replace rubber heater hose for turbo water cooling lines my blew out a couple weeks ago and had to pull intake manifold again, and you don’t want to do that twice. I’m super happy with how this truck runs with everything deleted and tuning from GDE. It’s definitly worth the work. Here’s a picture of the turbo water cooling line blow out.
Do you happen to remember the size of hose that you needed for this? I am about to take the dive and do the banks intake. Want to do that replacement per your recommendations while I'm in there.