• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
I have some step by step instructions to remove and reinstall manifold. If somebody needs it. It even has pictures.
If you can send me your information that would be very helpful! Can you tell me how it has worked on your truck for hot and cold weather running and just overall performance.

CooterNMI

Aug 19, 2021
Truck Year
Man that stock intake looks horrible!!! Where did you find the banks manifold I’m looking around on their website and can’t seem to find it. Also about how many miles did you have on your truck. I’m at 107k and I just did the delete.
I just bought the banks intake manifold and I too have the Sofa King Stage II with complete EGR delete, DPF delete and CAT delete. I contacted SK about the Banks Intake Manifold install and NOW they say they do not support it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I just bought the banks intake manifold and I too have the Sofa King Stage II with complete EGR delete, DPF delete and CAT delete. I contacted SK about the Banks Intake Manifold install and NOW they say they do not support it.
That sounds like an SFT. They probably don't know how to tune for it so they decide not to support it, so typical. Next, if you dispute them they'll just stop dealing with you. Been there, had it done to me.

CooterNMI

Aug 19, 2021
Truck Year
That sounds like an SFT. They probably don't know how to tune for it so they decide not to support it, so typical. Next, if you dispute them they'll just stop dealing with you. Been there, had it done to me.
Yep. Now I have bought the Banks intake and don’t know what to due since SKT won’t support it. Need to find someone who will. Looking at our Canadian neighbors

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yep. Now I have bought the Banks intake and don’t know what to due since SKT won’t support it. Need to find someone who will. Looking at our Canadian neighbors
That's where I went. MRT via EOC

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks. I found the MRT site
MRT is the tune. The tuner has difficulty with English. So EOC is pretty much the seller and spokesman.

Chris Munro, owner of EOC Performance Parts LTD, an authorized dealer/partner for MRTuning.
AKA EcoDieselOwnersCanada-Performance Parts
https://ecodiesel-owners-canada-performance-parts.square.site/s/shop
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRTuning - A Canadian company owned by Martin Renaud
819 655-0385
[email protected]

Plumb918

Nov 26, 2023
Truck Year
I didn’t get a video of install, but I was too aggravated during The process. If you order Sasquatch parts egr delete there are very good instructions for egr delete. Do the egr delete first getting the egr lines and cooler out of the way free up a lot of space to work. Once thats all out of the way. Disconnect wiring harness and remove throttle body which for the intake manifold you’ll also need the electronic throttle delete. Remove fuel lines and drivers side fuel rail. For fuel rail I had to notch the bolt head and chizzle it out, need special torx bit, but I took both off and when I put it back together used regular 12 mm hex bolts. Next step is the hardest. Removing turbo output elbow. There’s 2 Allen bolts holding it on and can not get to one of the manifold bolts without removing. The bolt between the elbow and the firewall is a bitch be extremely careful not to strip it. The next day because you’ll be so damn aggravated lol remove the 8 bolts I believe to remove intake manifold. Before you install new one go ahead and replace rubber heater hose for turbo water cooling lines my blew out a couple weeks ago and had to pull intake manifold again, and you don’t want to do that twice. I’m super happy with how this truck runs with everything deleted and tuning from GDE. It’s definitly worth the work. Here’s a picture of the turbo water cooling line blow out.
I know it’s been a while for you but I’m about to order a banks intake manifold and was wondering if I need the throttle delete and if so is there additional tuning required? I have already done the stage 2 delete and tune. Think as in advance