• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes & No, YOU must check the Max operating Temp/Pressure Vs Running Temp pressure. Sure, it may take 350F but how long? that's why running Temp pressure is more important then Max Temp pressure in many cases.

willow

Feb 25, 2021
Truck Year
Such great info on here. Thank you all that has contributed.
Would love to see a video on this still.
Do people actually torque the HP fuel line before tightening to the 75* .

ejohanson

Apr 25, 2021
Truck Year
I have some step by step instructions to remove and reinstall manifold. If somebody needs it. It even has pictures.
REALLY would love some step by step directions. Any kind of guide/video would be amazing because I’m finding nothing.

Bradyhond

Aug 11, 2021
Truck Year
Thank you for providing that! Much appreciated! I replaced the hose today and put on two stainless steel hose clamps. The coolant system has been at 15lbs pressure for about 2 hours now with no issues. I'll be putting the intake back on tomorrow after I give it a good clean.
Hi how u pull of the hose ?what kind hose u use thanks

Bradyhond

Aug 11, 2021
Truck Year
I believe it's 3/8ths, and I used crimp clamps, but it's really tight to get them seated down so if you use them make sure you have the right tool to crimp them from the side. You do not have to buy new fuel lines when removing the intake. When you take the turbo elbo off cut an Allen wrench down so you have just the top angle and just enough for it to bottom in the Allen head bolt.
Can u show what kind allen uwe need to remove elbow thanks

dylanmautner98

Aug 5, 2021
Truck Year
I've had the manifold off 4 times, and never replaced a fuel line once. Accentually installed the banks, and it will make a world of difference, simply because of deleting the swirl valves. I deleted the swirl valves on the factory manifold but ended up having a boost leak where the swirl motor is under the manifold" my fault in a rush" but the factory manifold is plastic junk. If you need step by step intake manifold removal just msg me. It's not bad at all just looks overwhelming. And you can reuse the gasket as well.
I just installed the banks manifold how did you put the bolt back in where the turbo elbow is. I can’t seem to get a socket on there.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I just bought my ram used this week but after reading this thread I checked my truck and sure enough it has a banks intake! still have no idea whos tune is on it though.

Dlazar

Feb 2, 2021
Truck Year
anyone installed the banks intake manifold. Currently deleting everything and have been able to find install help on egr and exhaust but nothing on the intake manifold anywhere
Did my 2015 January this year. Great product.Be sure to have tune to delete swirl valves

Cruzer512

Sep 22, 2021
Truck Year
I have some step by step instructions to remove and reinstall manifold. If somebody needs it. It even has pictures.
Do you happen to still have those instructions?I have everything apart including the turbo. I'm at the fuel line part. Thanks.

GC Diesel

Sep 23, 2021
Truck Year
Also looked up the part numbers quoted in this recall and a mighty reasonable price is being quoted for the intake and gaskets. Also looked up the other part numbers and also reasonable prices.
1263A039-C114-4EFA-BD1E-B492BB426B9A.png

GC Diesel

Sep 23, 2021
Truck Year
Well, I bought one of these to replace mine instead of cleaning it. Intake comes as a complete unit with all gaskets and sensor in place and ready to install. $180 well spent.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Y'all will need a tune to turn off the swirl valves if you go to the Banks intake.

RamRod413

Apr 6, 2022
Truck Year
Well, I bought one of these to replace mine instead of cleaning it. Intake comes as a complete unit with all gaskets and sensor in place and ready to install. $180 well spent.
I am looking to replace mine now. They are 649 on eBay and 849 on other sites!!

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
Any updates on the Banks 630 T intake manifold install , other equipment need and how does the engine run in summer and cold winters!
Cat converter seems to failing and I am wanting to eliminate the system completely, it so useless down here in MX where speeds are only 80 K/hr most of the time requiring a burn every two days for the carbon canister!