• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah, it was pretty ugly. I cleaned it out as best as I could as well before putting the Banks intake on there. The truck had 104,400 miles on it at the time lol.

The intake manifold is this one: https://www.bankspower.com/i-2073-intake-manifold-kit-for-banks-630t-and-3-0l-ecodiesel.html
The throttle delete kit: https://www.bankspower.com/i-2578-t...9-ram-1500-3-0l-ecodiesel-and-banks-630t.html
Thanks for the info I’ll be in touch if I have any questions I think I am going to do this as well!!

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Throttle delete definitely helps, any restriction you can remove will help, if you don't want to pay the 100, delete it and plug it in on the side ,zip tied out of the way. Removing the swirls makes a world of difference, you will notice the engine runs much smoother without vibration, but I would polish the banks intake ports before you install, the casting is kinda rough besides where they cnc port match machined it. Around that it's rough.

jrw21

May 11, 2020
Truck Year
First post here. Just completed the EGR system removal. Getting prepared for the Banks Intake and throttle. Does anyone still have a decent set of directions for this?

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
AllData has quite a bit of info, directions, part numbers, specs. It's been very helpful. Doesn't always have everything but it will point you in the right direction. But I can walk you though it if need be.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah....alldata isn't a forum. It's a informational diy on how to repair/replace/specs and explanations on systems and functions. And when it comes to aftermarket setups it's no help other than a reference and a compass to build on. Helps troubleshoot. You just have to apply it to your situation.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
And banks has no directions because by law they cannot provide any since it is supposed to be for RACE applications only.....not!!! But it's not bad at all to do just looks overwhelming.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
I’m getting ready to pull the intake to replace the turbo water pipe, any information you have to help would be much appreciated!

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
I just replaced my intake, $400.00 from dealer! Comes complete with gaskets, new map sensor, swirl valve motor! The banks intake does not have the swirl valves. Reason I had the intake off was to repair the turbo water line leak. If your taking the intake off it might be a good idea to replace the stock hose with a silicone replacement!

Attachments

• 9E6437DB-7675-46C3-B6E8-E8D38A48D869.jpeg
    9E6437DB-7675-46C3-B6E8-E8D38A48D869.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 41

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I just replaced my intake, $400.00 from dealer! Comes complete with gaskets, new map sensor, swirl valve motor! The banks intake does not have the swirl valves. Reason I had the intake off was to repair the turbo water line leak. If your taking the intake off it might be a good idea to replace the stock hose with a silicone replacement!
Did you replace yours with a silicon hose? f so I would love to know the size. Inside diameter and length.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
It was 3/8 by about 3 inches long. Replaced it with a silicone hose, I did not replace the line just the hose using gear clamps. Picture of the old hose!

Attachments

• DAAC611D-2DAC-4BFA-9B9E-6FDCCAEE4E59.jpeg
    DAAC611D-2DAC-4BFA-9B9E-6FDCCAEE4E59.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 14

HoustonEcoDiesel

Dec 9, 2020
Truck Year
I've had the manifold off 4 times, and never replaced a fuel line once. Accentually installed the banks, and it will make a world of difference, simply because of deleting the swirl valves. I deleted the swirl valves on the factory manifold but ended up having a boost leak where the swirl motor is under the manifold" my fault in a rush" but the factory manifold is plastic junk. If you need step by step intake manifold removal just msg me. It's not bad at all just looks overwhelming. And you can reuse the gasket as well.
I definitely need the removal instructions. I’m going to have to replace mine very soon and have been researching it. It seems to be a very daunting task to say the least.

KrisR

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
New to the forum. I'd like to install the Banks Power Manifold.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It was 3/8 by about 3 inches long. Replaced it with a silicone hose, I did not replace the line just the hose using gear clamps. Picture of the old hose!
Maybe anyone can answer on this thread, Is a 350 degree rating high enough for this application?