• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

Matthias

Jan 24, 2019
Truck Year
Do you happen to remember the size of hose that you needed for this? I am about to take the dive and do the banks intake. Want to do that replacement per your recommendations while I'm in there.
As I post this, I just completed my removal, cleaning and installation of my intake manifold, I did have a look at that hose, but to be honest I didn't replace it..... I'm either going to learn the hard way or by the grace of God she won't break on me.

As for recommendations, label wiring and fuel lines. And that driver side fuel rail, either you chisel it out or rig something up like I did. I can send a link to the vid with the rig. I have a couple vids on the tearing down but not much on putting it back. If you want the links to vids I can send em to you.

One more thing, while the intake manifold is off, try replacing those glow plugs, been hearing issues with them, but please keep in my mind, if she breaks you're look at some serious issues so be patient and be very thought generous with penetrating oil. Unfortunately I didn't change mime cause I read of the issues later after I installed the manifold and was not trying to pull it off again as I have been working on this project in -8c temps. Hopefully all goes well.

Dakota88

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
As I post this, I just completed my removal, cleaning and installation of my intake manifold, I did have a look at that hose, but to be honest I didn't replace it..... I'm either going to learn the hard way or by the grace of God she won't break on me.

As for recommendations, label wiring and fuel lines. And that driver side fuel rail, either you chisel it out or rig something up like I did. I can send a link to the vid with the rig. I have a couple vids on the tearing down but not much on putting it back. If you want the links to vids I can send em to you.

One more thing, while the intake manifold is off, try replacing those glow plugs, been hearing issues with them, but please keep in my mind, if she breaks you're look at some serious issues so be patient and be very thought generous with penetrating oil. Unfortunately I didn't change mime cause I read of the issues later after I installed the manifold and was not trying to pull it off again as I have been working on this project in -8c temps. Hopefully all goes well.
The more pictures or videos on any part of this project would be very helpful. If you send me what you have that would be great.

I am going to try and do a good video or pictures of the process but will see what time permits.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I am very interested in the banks manifold as well. Can anyone who was installed this let us know your thoughts? Did you see a milage increase? What about power?

Thanks!

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year

Matthias, I have the Banks manifold and throttle delete in my garage and would appreciate any pics, vidios, and other pearls of wisdom you have gleaned from your installation.

Also did you replace your hi pressure fuel lines of just check the mating surfaces for galling and replace? Did you do the throttle delete?

I will doing this on a 015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and cannot find anyone that has done the job on a JGC.

chavs21

Apr 30, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys new to the forum.
Took everything off just to run into that one bolt under the turbo elbow. Don’t know how to get it out.
Can anyone help me out?
Gonna install the banks intake manifold and well according to what I’ve read some hoeses.
Where can I find these hoes at? That way I get everything out of the way.

chavs21

Apr 30, 2019
Truck Year
I replaced the hose with a silicone wrapped heater hose instead of the regular heater hose that was on there it’s like 8$ and worth going ahead and doing it while you have manifold off

Do you have the link to the website where you got the hose?

Dakota88

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
Just did the banks install over the weekend. I had to take the rubber boot off the turbo before I could get to the back bolt on the cast elbow. I just used a torx bit socket on an extension. Came right off. Would have been nice to get the electric plug for the turbo vein controls out but I couldn't get my fingers back there with enough confidence to not break it so I just worked around it.

I looked at my rubber hose under the intake that has been mentioned on here before. It looked to be in great shape so I left it.

chavs21

Apr 30, 2019
Truck Year
Did you have to delete the the oem throttle in order for the banks intake to work? I hear you have to get the valve deleted. Could I just leave the oem throttle body on?

Dakota88

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
I deleted mine, pretty sure on Banks website they state it will not work with their intake. Not sure why exactly though, might have to work in conjunction with the swirl valves and since they are gone now it is not needed.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Just did the banks install over the weekend. I had to take the rubber boot off the turbo before I could get to the back bolt on the cast elbow. I just used a torx bit socket on an extension. Came right off. Would have been nice to get the electric plug for the turbo vein controls out but I couldn't get my fingers back there with enough confidence to not break it so I just worked around it.

I looked at my rubber hose under the intake that has been mentioned on here before. It looked to be in great shape so I left it.
any chance you took photos as you progressed?

Dakota88

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
Oh yeah, I need to resize them so I can upload. I'll try and do that tonight.

xXBeefCakezXx

Jun 16, 2019
Truck Year
Can anyone verify the removal of the fuel lines and what needs to be done when putting them back on or if you 100% have to buy new ones to reinstall?

Dfrickan

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hi guys,
New to the forum and love the amount of info so far. Thanks. I'm still confused on the tuning end of things. Want to do the banks intake and the EGR delete since I have PO200a codes and am certain it is manifold soot related. What does this mod require on the tuning end if things? Does it need a ecm reflash? The hardware all makes sense, but the ecm must need something if the EGR and throttle and swirl valves are just gone.
Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
u have 2 b running a tune 2 use the banks manifold it fits all Eco diesels to 2019

Dfrickan

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
u have 2 b running a tune 2 use the banks manifold it fits all Eco diesels to 2019
Ok so what kind of tune? Do you just get a shop to tune that? Do you get a tuning chip? Or do you have to get one of those reflashed ecms and send yours back for the core?
Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the only dependable tunes right now r coming out of Canada all the good ones in the USA got shut down