• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake manifold install?

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Ahh, quiets down the injectors, I have an upgraded intercooler and all 3in hot cold piping, so winter time I need all the help I can get to keep it warm.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Injector noise is next to none compare to Combustion Knock, The Life of those injectors (Extended) are how cool they can be Kept. the heat source is directly below the Injector, their are warm in minutes, I never taken Heat gun and measured how fast, but I worked on 100s of engine in My service days and the Injectors get warm Fast, and the Fuel being compressed is warm to Hot, generally Fuel compressed every 10K PSI 25-30F increase from ambient fuel temp. When I test pumps I record the temps at PSI. That's Why I support keeping your fuel Tank full when convenient and in Hot summer months don't drop below 1/4 Tank.

20 years Back Heat was necessary, in todays HPCR Heat in many ways is the enemy.
Example: Combustion Air at cooler Temp is more efficient More HP, Less Soot. its a very very tight line for flame temps..

Coolant has very little effect on combustion temps, it does effect efficiency ,warmer lube allows easier movement of mating surface's so theirs benefits to heat for lube purposes, ,Since your Deleted in -0 I would install the WF, the shutters are not going to stop all the incoming -0 air.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
I believe it's 3/8ths, and I used crimp clamps, but it's really tight to get them seated down so if you use them make sure you have the right tool to crimp them from the side. You do not have to buy new fuel lines when removing the intake. When you take the turbo elbo off cut an Allen wrench down so you have just the top angle and just enough for it to bottom in the Allen head bolt.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
It just acts as a sound reducer. So it also retains heat, which we don't want, but I keep them on in the winter. Because of my setup I usually don't get up to full engine temps when it's cold out, don't have to drive far for work.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
So much is done from the factory to quiet these engines down. Foam covers, engine cover, intake baffles. There's insulation in the passenger wheel well to deaden the sound of air sucking in.

Segstro

Apr 12, 2019
Truck Year
Quick question for the smart folks here. When I removed my intake manifold, I left the swirl valve motor off when I put it back on. Turns out my full delete (Green Diesel Engineering) doesn't work without it! Considering GDE is now defunct, what are my options to getting a tune on top of my tune?

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
As far as I know no one else besides gde can modify there code. So you'll have to find another way around it or retune it with another company. I disconnected mine and didn't have a problem, and the tune wasn't written with that in mind, and I also deleted the butterfly valve at the same time, didn't have a problem. The swirls should be kinda programmed out anyways with the delete, they function with the egr and valve to suck in more particulates from the egr.

Segstro

Apr 12, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the advice - I'll give that a try. Right now I have it sitting on top of the intake plugged in with no codes being thrown.

jgiesbrecht

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
This thread is old, but here’s hoping. I recently installed the Banks cast manifold and did the throttle body delete as well. But now the truck is throwing up a lightning bolt dummy light and going into limp mode with “Service Electronic Throttle Body Control” Any idea on how to bypass this?

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
So I'm assuming you have a full delete/tune? You may have to have them do an update if your tune doesn't dissable the swirl valves or the butterfly egr valve. If it's not tuned out then it will throw a fit. Only thing else would be a sensor forgotten to plug back in, clean the map sensor, reset the battery.

jgiesbrecht

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
Yessir, I did a Sofa King Stage 2 tune. EGR is completely removed, I guess I’ll get in contact with them about that valve. I plugged it back in on top of the motor and it opens and closes a few times then stays open.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah I would ask them about the egr butterfly and also the swirl valve delete from the manifold. If it's not coded out then the ECU will look for it and then drop safe limp mode and throw lightning bolts, anything fuel air related will give you that message, it's very general.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I have also looked at doing the throttle body or butterfly delete. I have the SFT stage 2 delete as well. Curious to what you figured out or what SFT told you before I do this.

jgiesbrecht

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
I got in contact with their support team and they said that they can reprogram the tune to delete that valve as well, but it will run me another $100. I'm guessing it's because they have to get back into the coding, as I didn't state that I wanted this deleted when I first got the tune. I don't think I'm going to get it though, as I haven't had any more trouble with it going into limp mode. What I did is I hooked up my OBD scanner then took the truck out on the highway and got as fast as I could get the truck (in limp mode). I would then shut the engine off and put the gear into neutral and as fast as I could I would delete the code. This would get the truck out of limp mode where I would then accelerate with my foot stomped on the floorboard. 95 I think it got before going into limp mode again. I repeated the same process until a "Check Engine" light came on and the truck stayed out of limp mode. At this point though, the lightning bolt dummy light was still present, as was the yellow Check Engine light. I parked the truck and deleted the code once more, then got back on the highway, and no lights or warnings popped up again.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I got in contact with their support team and they said that they can reprogram the tune to delete that valve as well, but it will run me another $100. I'm guessing it's because they have to get back into the coding, as I didn't state that I wanted this deleted when I first got the tune. I don't think I'm going to get it though, as I haven't had any more trouble with it going into limp mode. What I did is I hooked up my OBD scanner then took the truck out on the highway and got as fast as I could get the truck (in limp mode). I would then shut the engine off and put the gear into neutral and as fast as I could I would delete the code. This would get the truck out of limp mode where I would then accelerate with my foot stomped on the floorboard. 95 I think it got before going into limp mode again. I repeated the same process until a "Check Engine" light came on and the truck stayed out of limp mode. At this point though, the lightning bolt dummy light was still present, as was the yellow Check Engine light. I parked the truck and deleted the code once more, then got back on the highway, and no lights or warnings popped up again.
So have you seen any gain in anything as far as performance or fuel mileage with deleting the butterfly?

jgiesbrecht

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
I deleted the butterfly just for the necessity, the Banks intake manifold won't work with the stock valve. I didn't get a chance to try out the Banks manifold w/ stock valve but the truck definitely has more power now lol. It's currently getting around 24 mpg highway @ 80 mph. I'll see if I can attach any pics of the engine when I had it disassembled.

IMG-9355.jpgIMG-9360.jpgIMG-9359.jpgIMG-9357.jpgIMG-9362.jpgIMG-9356.jpgIMG-9355.jpg

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Man that stock intake looks horrible!!! Where did you find the banks manifold I’m looking around on their website and can’t seem to find it. Also about how many miles did you have on your truck. I’m at 107k and I just did the delete.