• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

flyingpig333

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
The term "Class Member" is being used a lot in these threads......does that mean only owners who have joined a class action suit will be able to take advantage of any settlement reached?

thx

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
The term "Class Member" is being used a lot in these threads......does that mean only owners who have joined a class action suit will be able to take advantage of any settlement reached?

thx

No. If you have owned or currently own a Ram with the EcoDiesel then you are entitled to settlement benefits. No need to sign up until the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyingpig333

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
No. If you have owned or currently own a Ram with the EcoDiesel then you are entitled to settlement benefits. No need to sign up until the time comes.

Thanks....I bought new in 2014 and love my truck.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I just OPT OUT! And I will look for a better settlement deal with a new lawyer I am going to hire. The three grand offer is a joke I feel. The warranty, they offer to us is not like the maxi car plan that RAM sells. I currently have the seven year 120,000 plan, so I am some what safe. I believe ram knows that the parts they are putting under warranty will break down on you, and they are trying to cover their behind a little, and it will be you hoping the dealer decides the problem your truck will be having is covered under this new extended warranty. The bottom line it will be the dealer decision not yours as to what they find wrong. I do not want a truck in the shop week in, and week out because I settled for $3075. I know it’s a gamble, and I am ready to take that shot! I want them to buy my truck back if it happens great if not I rolled the dice and will hopefully do better than $3075. if I get nothing that is ok too. I just had a $3000 private offer from Ford to be used after I had made the best deal with the Ford dealer. I did not use this offer and let it expire waiting on our eco diesel court case to end. I hope Ford mails me another offer?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Reminder never cross Mayan Elephant, And as usual the 1500diesel.com cheerleaders are peeing the Kool-aid they drank.

Those Cheerleaders, Have been spanked good and just keep gulping it down.

They also claim NO buy back,, that may be case but FCA is willing to negotiate take ins.

I'm still forecasting New power plant for the ED in Sept 19.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
What

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Reads like another owner buying a vehicle as an ‘investment’. Pass.

Alfa95

Jan 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hello everyone,
I'm a first time owner of a 2016 Tradesman and ran across this thread when researching the new oil requirement. I bought my truck in late September of last year with 44,000 miles for around $22,000, I'm the second owner. In late November I bought the MaxCare warranty from Mopar that goes until 08/2024 or 125,000 miles, and paid $4047 out the door with taxes. I did an oil change the day I picked it up from the auction and put in Pennzoil 5W-30 Euro L with a factory filter. I've had no issues so far and the engine sounds healthy, but this problem with the blowing engines is worrisome.

I'm trying to figure out if I should keep the warranty or not, now that if we accept the deal the warranty extends to 10 years/120k miles? Being that it is a Tradesman I don't really have to worry about too many accessories going bad inside, but the Maxcare does cover quite a bit of other parts also. Should I definitely switch to the Rotella 5W-40 versus the 5W-30 Pennzoil on my next oil change which is due already at 50,000 miles? I'm close to South Florida, so freezing temps are not an issue. I still have 11 quarts of the Pennzoil that I got at a great price wholesale, that's why I ask. Thank you all for your help, I look forward to staying around for a while here.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would switch T-6, Penn's oil 5-30w is loaded with CAL, any coolant finds its way to the lube MS11106 will self-destruct the rotating mass in short order.

Over the course of Time MS11106 Penn's will increase wear do to the lack of additives' , Zinc, Moly, Mag.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
I have been working with the attorneys in charge of this suit for over a year now. Patrick Law Firm out of Dallas, TX is leading it. The latest correspondence I’ve received from them says “eligible owners and leases of Ecodiesel vehicles will be paid between $900 and $3,075 ONLY AFTER allowing an Approved Emissions Modififcation to the vehicle, which is supposed to be available starting May 14, 2019.”

They go on to say that the deadline to opt out is March 2, 2019. “Time is running out to file suit against Fiat Chrysler and get Fiat Chrysler to buy back your vehicle and pay you the full compensation you deserve including punitive damages.”

In my 90,000 miles I have seen a great deal of problems with my ED. Over 37 unscheduled shop visits for repairs to include injectors at 40,000 miles, a busted EGR cooler, EGR valve, DEF injector, turbo and the list goes on. Now I’ve stayed because Ram has done a great job standing by their product and I’ve been reimbursed for most of my issues to include multiple truck payments. I’ve been out of vehicle for multiple weeks exceeding well over 2 months time for all incidents added up. I am many Ram mechanics across the US that knew it was a poor design and have seen countless issues. So with that said, I intend to see this suit followed through and pray they buy this POS back from me at the $61,000 I paid for it.

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
What year is yours? Mine is a 16, 62k, no issues but I’m not wanting a less performing vehicle. I lease a lot of my vehicles and I either buy them or sell them at the end. This doesn’t help the value at all so I’ll be discussing other options in Sept with them

I have been working with the attorneys in charge of this suit for over a year now. Patrick Law Firm out of Dallas, TX is leading it. The latest correspondence I’ve received from them says “eligible owners and leases of Ecodiesel vehicles will be paid between $900 and $3,075 ONLY AFTER allowing an Approved Emissions Modififcation to the vehicle, which is supposed to be available starting May 14, 2019.”

They go on to say that the deadline to opt out is March 2, 2019. “Time is running out to file suit against Fiat Chrysler and get Fiat Chrysler to buy back your vehicle and pay you the full compensation you deserve including punitive damages.”

In my 90,000 miles I have seen a great deal of problems with my ED. Over 37 unscheduled shop visits for repairs to include injectors at 40,000 miles, a busted EGR cooler, EGR valve, DEF injector, turbo and the list goes on. Now I’ve stayed because Ram has done a great job standing by their product and I’ve been reimbursed for most of my issues to include multiple truck payments. I’ve been out of vehicle for multiple weeks exceeding well over 2 months time for all incidents added up. I am many Ram mechanics across the US that knew it was a poor design and have seen countless issues. So with that said, I intend to see this suit followed through and pray they buy this POS back from me at the $61,000 I paid for it.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
So Many questions now about what to do. Really is a chin scratched

David G

Jan 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all,

I am new here and I don’t understand what’s going on with this lawsuit.
I currently owen one ecodiesel 2015 with over 60k miles and another 2017 with about 15k miles
Am I entitled to get compensation for my trucks? Or do they have to buy them back?
Do I have to call or subscribe to get paid?

Please advise!

Thanks

David G

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
2015 Yes, 2017 No.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
What year is yours? Mine is a 16, 62k, no issues but I’m not wanting a less performing vehicle. I lease a lot of my vehicles and I either buy them or sell them at the end. This doesn’t help the value at all so I’ll be discussing other options in Sept with them

2015 model. Your KBB value is already affected by the emission issues with the vehicle.

fishmojo

Nov 23, 2018
Truck Year
This is interesting. I went through the VW diesel lawsuit. I had a 2010 Touareg TDI diesel I bought in 2013 with 30k miles for $38,000. Great vehicle. VW suit in 2017, I got a buyback of $33,000 and had 83k miles. I think I came out pretty good. Trade in value was probably $18k at the time of turn in.

Now, I have a 2015 Laramie Ecodiesel I bought in October 2018 with 25k miles. I love the truck! Be interesting to see what happens. The VW suit seemed like it took forever. The courts were pretty harsh on VW.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
Hello all,

I am new here and I don’t understand what’s going on with this lawsuit.
I currently owen one ecodiesel 2015 with over 60k miles and another 2017 with about 15k miles
Am I entitled to get compensation for my trucks? Or do they have to buy them back?
Do I have to call or subscribe to get paid?

Please advise!

Thanks

David G
Contact Patrick Law Firm our of Dallas, TX.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
2015 Yes, 2017 No.
Am I missing something that says the 2017 wont get compensated? If so, can you point me to the literature? Thanks bud

Edit: nevermind, I found it now, that it’s only the 2014-2016 models. Well that answers my questions about what to do since mines a 2017 haha