• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

Para0203

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
Gents,

Has anyone received their settlement reimbursement yet? Or, does anyone have any gouge for how long it will take?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Check this out: I should have my check in a week or so.
Claim submitted
Document package complete
Offer extended
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified
Approved Emissions Modifications Installed
HourGlass.jfif
Settlement Check Mailed

Para0203

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
Check this out: I should have my check in a week or so.
Claim submitted
Document package complete
Offer extended
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified
Approved Emissions Modifications Installed
HourGlass.jfif
Settlement Check Mailed

When did you submit your claim? I submitted nearly a month ago...

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
About the same
CS - is that from the FCA Claim site? I did mine a while back as well, and had the software updated April 23rd. I'm only seeing this so far:FCA.PNG

Maybe it takes a while to 'review.' AND, I have NO idea when/if I'll get not only my settlement check, but reimbursement for that EGR cooler repair as part of this or not. I've called them numerous times and they claim they have "....everything we need and you should get reimbursed for your EGR cooler replacement/repairs." (SHOULD kind of bothers me; no one has definitively indicated I'll get reimbursed, though the settlement document clearly indicates that falls under the extended warranty.) So I just keep calling them and pestering them.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, it is from the FCA claim site.

Yours might take a bit longer because I recommended they give it special scrutiny.:)

Actually, I have no idea why yours is still being reviewed. Were you the first and only owner?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Yes, it is from the FCA claim site.

Yours might take a bit longer because I recommended they give it special scrutiny.:)

Actually, I have no idea why yours is still being reviewed. Were you the first and only owner?
CS - LOL Fortunately, with friends like you and T.C Diesel, I don't need any enemies! = D
More or less, yes. The late owner of the dealership drove it for like 6 months or so before I bought it with only like 8000 miles on it, and he passed away shortly after I bought it. So I'm the first 'titled' owner of it as I believe he was driving it as part of a 'factory program' or 'demo vehicle' program the owners of dealerships get. (In fact, when they had it for 10 days when replacing the EGR cooler, they gave me a 2018 Jeep Compass to drive that had like 4000 miles on it; they have a handful of 'loaner' vehicles for that purpose that they'll turn around and sell as 'slightly used' or whatever...) - Mark

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
CS - is that from the FCA Claim site? I did mine a while back as well, and had the software updated April 23rd. I'm only seeing this so far:View attachment 2116

Maybe it takes a while to 'review.' AND, I have NO idea when/if I'll get not only my settlement check, but reimbursement for that EGR cooler repair as part of this or not. I've called them numerous times and they claim they have "....everything we need and you should get reimbursed for your EGR cooler replacement/repairs." (SHOULD kind of bothers me; no one has definitively indicated I'll get reimbursed, though the settlement document clearly indicates that falls under the extended warranty.) So I just keep calling them and pestering them.
"The Approved Emissions Modification will be available 15 days after the Court grants final approval of the Settlements. The earliest date the AEM will be available is May 18, 2019." ...what you got in april must have been something else. You have to get the Approved Emissions Modification completed before you're eligible for reimbursement... That being said, I got my aem done on May 23, and still only see the same screen you posted.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
you can call the number and they will talk with you. The hold time is not terribly long.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
You are supposed to be paid 4 to six weeks from the date of the service. Since they are making interest on the money daily, you can bet your sweet ass it will be a full six weeks!

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
You are supposed to be paid 4 to six weeks from the date of the service. Since they are making interest on the money daily, you can bet your sweet ass it will be a full six weeks!
I called them last week they told me that they would not start to mail the checks out until 17 June, I am waiting as well.

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
How long did it take y'all after submitting online to go from "under review" to "offer extended" status?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I had my AEM flash done in mid-May. I just got the 'offer extended package' in this morning's email. Kind of a pain - sign in several places, get it notarized and then either scan/email it back, or send it snail-mail. Plus, as my RAM was a 'demo' the dealership had for less than a year, FCA will only initially pay $2460, and I have to wait until August 1 for them to confirm no 'previous owner' tries to get in on the remaining $615. (You can choose to wait for the entire amount, but that pushes it out to mid-August or later.) My salesman was co-owner of the dealership and sadly passed away shortly after I bought the truck, so I'm assured there will be no claim made by him. = (

Attachments

• FCA_Offer.PNG
    FCA_Offer.PNG
    78.9 KB · Views: 24

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had my AEM flash done in mid-May. I just got the 'offer extended package' in this morning's email. Kind of a pain - sign in several places, get it notarized and then either scan/email it back, or send it snail-mail. Plus, as my RAM was a 'demo' the dealership had for less than a year, FCA will only initially pay $2460, and I have to wait until August 1 for them to confirm no 'previous owner' tries to get in on the remaining $615. (You can choose to wait for the entire amount, but that pushes it out to mid-August or later.) My salesman was co-owner of the dealership and sadly passed away shortly after I bought the truck, so I'm assured there will be no claim made by him. = (
Wow

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
More news: I printed off the 'offer' documents, signed them, got a nearby notary to sign off on them, scanned and emailed them back. So far so good. I checked my claim status about 30 minutes later, and was pleased and surprised to see:

- Claim Submitted - check
- Document Package Complete - check
- Offer Extended - check
- Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received - check
- Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified - check

But then, on the next line...

X - Approved Emissions Modifications Installed X

So my frustration level rises. They are indicating I need to have the V08 ECM AEM recall work performed - WHICH WAS DONE IN MID-MAY. AND, they emailed me back (after I sent in the notarized documents) indicating nothing can be done until the recall work is performed.
Of course I called them, and the poor gal I spoke with is like, "I don't understand this... our systems clearly show you have had the recall work done - it posted May 22nd - and there is nothing more we need." So I emailed her scanned copies of the work order from the dealership proving the V08 recall work HAS BEEN DONE, and she attached them to both of my cases. (One is for the emissions settlement and that payout, the other for the EGR cooler repairs they're supposed to reimburse me for.) I didn't take out my frustrations on her, but I did in my emails back to them and suggested they need to get their act together! So who knows when this will actually be completed; for all I know, it'll go through the whole 'review' process again. What a circus! :confused: (n)

Latest: I called the dealership. Not only did they confirm they did the work, and confirmed it was sent to FCA, they already GOT PAID by FCA for the recall work! So there's a huge disconnect there on the claims processing side somewhere.

Last edited:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
My claims VIN/Claim Number recall website portal now indicates 'Processing Settlement Check' and there is an hourglass next to the 'Settlement Check Mailed' indicator. So who knows how long that might be. Given the site says it can take up to six weeks, I suspect they'll keep the money five weeks and 6-1/2 days before sending me a check.
I called on the claim for the reimbursement ($2740) for the EGR cooler repair I paid for out of pocket (but now covered under the extended warranty) as well. (That was replaced in April.) I've pestered them a couple times a week and just yesterday the latest person I spoke with ('Pam') indicated, "Oh - that takes anywhere from 30 to 60 days - didn't anyone tell you that?" (Apparently she was looking at the numerous notes about me calling every few days.) She said that's an entirely different department and process from the Emissions Settlement process, and it has to be reviewed, approved, a check requested, another approval before the check can be processed, and so on. And so it goes. :cautious:

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
My claims VIN/Claim Number recall website portal now indicates 'Processing Settlement Check' and there is an hourglass next to the 'Settlement Check Mailed' indicator. So who knows how long that might be. Given the site says it can take up to six weeks, I suspect they'll keep the money five weeks and 6-1/2 days before sending me a check.
I called on the claim for the reimbursement ($2740) for the EGR cooler repair I paid for out of pocket (but now covered under the extended warranty) as well. (That was replaced in April.) I've pestered them a couple times a week and just yesterday the latest person I spoke with ('Pam') indicated, "Oh - that takes anywhere from 30 to 60 days - didn't anyone tell you that?" (Apparently she was looking at the numerous notes about me calling every few days.) She said that's an entirely different department and process from the Emissions Settlement process, and it has to be reviewed, approved, a check requested, another approval before the check can be processed, and so on. And so it goes. :cautious:
I had the AME update done at the dealer on 17 May,2019. I received my check on 22 June 19.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Ram For Life - did you get the full $3075? For mine, they indicated they'll give me $2640 now, and the balance after August 1st if no 'previous owner' submits a claim. (You might be the one and only owner of yours; mine was 'owned' previously by the co-owner of the dealership, though I don't think it was ever registered to anyone other than me. He drove it for less than a year, and has since passed away.)

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Ram For Life - did you get the full $3075? For mine, they indicated they'll give me $2640 now, and the balance after August 1st if no 'previous owner' submits a claim. (You might be the one and only owner of yours; mine was 'owned' previously by the co-owner of the dealership, though I don't think it was ever registered to anyone other than me. He drove it for less than a year, and has since passed away.)
I am the original and only owner. I received $3075.00. Wife is the co-signer on the load with me, slash
I am the original and only owner of the truck.
I received $3078.00. Sad news, my wife is a co-signer on the loan so I had to give her some of the money,lol

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I am the original and only owner. I received $3075.00. Wife is the co-signer on the load with me, slash

I am the original and only owner of the truck.
I received $3078.00. Sad news, my wife is a co-signer on the loan so I had to give her some of the money,lol
Spouses can be that way. Frankly, mine encouraged me to trade this in on a Hemi! But we're talking about retirement (and I normally keep my vehicles 10+ years) and traveling, so we can't afford an unreliable engine while tugging around a 6000 lb., 25-foot RV.
:unsure: