• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your Ecodiesel ??

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
2014 62k miles. No issues except some rodent damage to comm. wires that previous owner had repaired in 2014, they did not do a new factory wiring harness, just some zip ties. These came loose when I drove it on the beach at Padre Island and 4-wheeled it. $99 to repair at my mechanic. All issues went away at this point. I pulled a 6k lb. trailer to over a 1,000 miles and it worked great.

Steve Petty

Sep 20, 2018
Truck Year
2015 Laramie
Scheduled with dealer to have them diagnose some side to side body oscillating on bumps slow and on the highway.
1st mechanic thought it could be the electronic rack and pinion unit.

Brewsky

Jul 15, 2019
Truck Year
2015 Laramie
Scheduled with dealer to have them diagnose some side to side body oscillating on bumps slow and on the highway.
1st mechanic thought it could be the electronic rack and pinion unit.

Only issue you have had with the truck?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Just hit 60K. Repeated issues with it going into limp mode due to Throttle Control Module problems and the plenum getting caked with soot. Cracked EGR valve (eventually covered under the extended Emissions warranty.) Dreadful performance since the AEM flash - reduction in MPG and towing power. (Just pulled our travel trailer about 1200 miles on vacation through Michigan's U.P. last week. Average MPG used to be 12-14 MPG on a comparable trip. I never saw anything above 11.5 MPG on this trip, and usually it was getting 9-10 - which is a whisker better than what my old 2000 Quad Cab with the 360 CID 'Magnum' gas hog got.) Used to love this truck; not so much anymore.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Just hit 60K. Repeated issues with it going into limp mode due to Throttle Control Module problems and the plenum getting caked with soot. Cracked EGR valve (eventually covered under the extended Emissions warranty.) Dreadful performance since the AEM flash - reduction in MPG and towing power. (Just pulled our travel trailer about 1200 miles on vacation through Michigan's U.P. last week. Average MPG used to be 12-14 MPG on a comparable trip. I never saw anything above 11.5 MPG on this trip, and usually it was getting 9-10 - which is a whisker better than what my old 2000 Quad Cab with the 360 CID 'Magnum' gas hog got.) Used to love this truck; not so much anymore.
Oh - it's a 2015.

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
2015 83k no issues so far but the throttle position code with light cleared code and been fine since though nervous so doing gde and banks intake on order right now

azEcogo

Aug 13, 2019
Truck Year
2018 with 8433 miles on it. took it into the dealer for the ecm recall and tailgate latch recall last week. This morning the truck died at idle and flashed low fuel rail pressure code.

John

Nov 13, 2015
2018 with 8433 miles on it. took it into the dealer for the ecm recall and tailgate latch recall last week. This morning the truck died at idle and flashed low fuel rail pressure code.
What's the ecm recall? The low fuel rail pressure code sounds like a fuel pump issue.

azEcogo

Aug 13, 2019
Truck Year
What's the ecm recall? The low fuel rail pressure code sounds like a fuel pump issue.
The ECM recall was something to do with the curise control failing to turn off when the breaks were applied.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Recall U065.
"FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain [2014 through 2018 Model Year Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee] vehicles equipped with a gasoline engine and Cruise Control.

The fault handling strategy of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software on your vehicle [1] does not remove positive torque requests from the engine controller if the CAN-C bus stops communicating while the cruise control is requesting positive torque. In the instance of a short in the vehicle causing the CAN-C bus to stop communicating while the cruise control is active and the vehicle speed is below the set speed such that the cruise control system is requesting positive torque at the exact moment of the short, it is possible for a positive torque request to be locked on the PCM which may result in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating. If the driver does not shift to neutral or apply the brakes to stop the vehicle this condition can cause a vehicle crash without warning."

I didn't know it also applies to a Ram

John

Nov 13, 2015
Recall U065.
"FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain [2014 through 2018 Model Year Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee] vehicles equipped with a gasoline engine and Cruise Control.

The fault handling strategy of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software on your vehicle [1] does not remove positive torque requests from the engine controller if the CAN-C bus stops communicating while the cruise control is requesting positive torque. In the instance of a short in the vehicle causing the CAN-C bus to stop communicating while the cruise control is active and the vehicle speed is below the set speed such that the cruise control system is requesting positive torque at the exact moment of the short, it is possible for a positive torque request to be locked on the PCM which may result in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating. If the driver does not shift to neutral or apply the brakes to stop the vehicle this condition can cause a vehicle crash without warning."

I didn't know it also applies to a Ram
And not just gas?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
U065 has never been listed for my 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.

ECODIESEL12

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
Chris Roberts... Don't let the Dealers Hack Butcher Your ED ( Running good), like replacing major components over a simple fix.. 95% of the time TCS is related to dirty intake sensors. or dirty ERG/Plenum.
That Is very True. All it takes is a piece/chunk of carbon/soot falling down into the intake and the TCS light will come on. I had to have my intake manifold/assembly replaced 2 weeks after I bought my truck used with 40,000 miles.

azEcogo

Aug 13, 2019
Truck Year
The ECM recall was something to do with the curise control failing to turn off when the breaks were applied.
Update to my Check Engine Light. Was a low fuel pressure. Dealer checked the filter and found metal shavings in the filter and the tank. They suspect the service station i bought the fuel from had a failing pump and contaminated fuel.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Most retail stations Pumps in N/A have filters downstream if the station pump was self destructing such large particles would have been captured, Unless the bypass was engaged in the filter, When that happens the pump volume is extremely slow. and you would know it ,its like 1QT per 5 minutes....r Make the Dealer prove it was fuel contamination... I would require visual tank inspect and CP4 taken to a trusted shop...... I have loss count on how many pumps have been sent to Me with 0 evidence of fuel contamination.

The ED intank fuel pumps fail often because owners allow near empty conditions, ALL that returning HOT fuel from the engine (90-150+F) dumps on top of the intank pump to stop the 1/4 or less issues.

azEcogo

Aug 13, 2019
Truck Year
Most retail stations Pumps in N/A have filters downstream if the station pump was self destructing such large particles would have been captured, Unless the bypass was engaged in the filter, When that happens the pump volume is extremely slow. and you would know it ,its like 1QT per 5 minutes....r Make the Dealer prove it was fuel contamination... I would require visual tank inspect and CP4 taken to a trusted shop...... I have loss count on how many pumps have been sent to Me with 0 evidence of fuel contamination.

The ED intank fuel pumps fail often because owners allow near empty conditions, ALL that returning HOT fuel from the engine (90-150+F) dumps on top of the intank pump to stop the 1/4 or less issues.
i had no idea that there would be a bypass to a failing filter at the service station. I was wondering why it took way longer to fill the tank than normal. It was so slow i stopped at half a tank rather than filling it up all the way. I though that it was just odd. now im certain that it was bad fuel.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
AZ. if thats the case call Your Insurance company, or The Station to pay the bill.