• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your Ecodiesel ??

Signal27

Apr 23, 2019
Truck Year
2014 Ram 1500
110,000 miles
Only visit to the shop was for the lawsuit fix. Otherwise, best vehicle I have ever owned. Hands down. I hope they keep this engine so I can trade in at 300,000......maybe

AnniesRam

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
2016, 3 years old last week 182,000 miles
Very very disappointed since the big recall. Prior to recall I averaged 29 to 31 miles per gal, consistantly on the highway, now I'm lucky if I get 20 mpg. I've had it checked and the response is to bad its driver problem.
I've gone from ecodiesel lover to very very disappointed owner.

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
Aside from the EGR issue, I'm suspecting the next thing we might see in way of a class action lawsuit is the fact that after the reprogram the mpg decreased drastically and is now under the mpg that FCA advertised in their literature and placed on the invoice. Like everyone else, one of the reasons I bought the 3.0L was the advertised mpg. Hell, at the 20 mpg I'm averaging now, I would have bought the Cummings and been done with it.

toyman

Nov 4, 2019
Truck Year
2015 full delete at 12000 it has 142569 oil changes every 10000 at 140ish HP Fuel pump went out 6in lift still a great truck

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Something to consider is $3k more than covers the engine & transmission tunes that the gov messed up with the AEM. Then you would have a better stronger more fuel efficient truck with features such as engine brake for towing than it ever was prior to the AEM. At the potential however unlikely cost of warranty in the event of a warranty claim. Your choice but the option Gives you a no net cost option to crying about it.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
2016,with 41k on it with zero problems so far. Had the AME recall done at the dealer about seven months ago. A BIG MISTAKE , truck mileage dropped to about 22 MPG on the hwy. I had my ECM tuned by GDE, this gave me a new truck, current mileage is 28-29 miles per gal. The only regret is that I sent my stock ECM into GDE to have it tuned and did not get a spare ECM to put in the truck for warranty work . If the dealer flashers my truck my GDE tune will be gone for good. I MISS GDE, PLEASE COME BACK.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
??? Okay not sure how it done it but instead of editing my last post it placed it down here.

Something to consider is $3k more than covers the cost of an aftermarket engine & transmission tune to fix what the gov messed up with the AEM. You don't need full delete or exhaust pipes just the tunes. If the EGR cooler leaks you can get an EGR cooler delete kit that fixes that permanently and with the engine tune no check engine light of the dash. Afterwards you would have a better stronger cleaner more fuel efficient engine & truck with features such as engine brake for towing than it ever was prior to the AEM.

At the potential, however unlikely, cost of warranty in the event of a warranty claim. Your choice but the option gives you a no net cost option to more than fix the AEM with extra compensation for your trouble.

[/QUOTE]

Wow even after the current exchange rate (Canada to US) the basic engine & transmission tune costs about $1,730 through HD diesel supply.

Last edited:

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
My Sofa tune is in the mail. I’ll be doing a full unboxing installation and performance review when it comes in. My plan is to take truck to dealer once egr recall has a solution and get aem, and egr done at once, then come home and install tuner so I will have results of stock tune, aem tune, and sofa to see the differences in all. Then once my fca check comes in it’ll all be paid for and I’ll have extra wheel money after the 1k in tuners for engine and trans!

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
2016 with 55,500 miles (bought it June with 39000), exhaust sensors and failed EGR cooler. All covered under warranty, 26-27 mpg in temperate weather, no turbo lag after a quick warm up. Runs like a top and can pull my 6000# travel trailer likes its not there. Far better than my GMC SLT with a bad lifter at 60000.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
My 2018 just turned over 5100 miles. Lots of city driving so MPG is only 20.5. I'm taking it to the dealer for an oil change soon. My truck has none of these lag issues once warmed up. Great power, 27-28 mpg on the autobahn. I'm going to ask the service manager if the warranty will be voided if I install a by-pass filtration system. I'd love to do the SKT but being in CA means that will eventually come back on me. I'll just roll the dice and hope it goes lots of miles before it blows up. Not my first diesel. I had a '74 Dodge D250 Club cab I built with a turbo'ed 1964 Perkins 6 banger that blew black smoke like a locomotive and got 25 mpg. I ran it 130,000 before selling it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My 2018 just turned over 5100 miles. Lots of city driving so MPG is only 20.5. I'm taking it to the dealer for an oil change soon. My truck has none of these lag issues once warmed up. Great power, 27-28 mpg on the autobahn. I'm going to ask the service manager if the warranty will be voided if I install a by-pass filtration system. I'd love to do the SKT but being in CA means that will eventually come back on me. I'll just roll the dice and hope it goes lots of miles before it blows up. Not my first diesel. I had a '74 Dodge D250 Club cab I built with a turbo'ed 1964 Perkins 6 banger that blew black smoke like a locomotive and got 25 mpg. I ran it 130,000 before selling it.

As long you keep it separate NO warranty would violated.2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (1) - Copy.JPG

2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (4) - Copy.jpg

2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (2) - Copy.jpg

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
As long you keep it separate NO warranty would violated.View attachment 2447

View attachment 2448

View attachment 2449
That is confusing and complicated looking. Could you explain!
And actually, (although I think it's just wrong) just about any modifications you make on the truck can void the warranty.
I sold my 6.4 Hemi 2500 Mega Cab to my son. I put 35" tires on it. I installed the AEV module to correct tire diameter. He took it in for work and they said remove this and we'll do the work.

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
Any modification you make to the emission systems voids the warranty. It's clearly stated as such under the warranty provisions. There are federal emission statutes that also can result in criminal prosecutions to someone that modifies (or assists in modifying) a factory emission control system on a vehicle. This is where it gets complicated. The owner of the vehicle has more leeway in what he or she can do to the vehicle if they themselves make the modifications to the vehicle. Also, you have 50 states whose individual laws come into play and the state law can give you more protection than what the federal law allows for. For example, Texas may not care what you do to modify your vehicle's emissions, probably not the same in California. There, you're probably looking at a long state prison sentence if they find out that you did something to your emissions system.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Any modification you make to the emission systems voids the warranty. It's clearly stated as such under the warranty provisions. There are federal emission statutes that also can result in criminal prosecutions to someone that modifies (or assists in modifying) a factory emission control system on a vehicle. This is where it gets complicated. The owner of the vehicle has more leeway in what he or she can do to the vehicle if they themselves make the modifications to the vehicle. Also, you have 50 states whose individual laws come into play and the state law can give you more protection than what the federal law allows for. For example, Texas may not care what you do to modify your vehicle's emissions, probably not the same in California. There, you're probably looking at a long state prison sentence if they find out that you did something to your emissions system.

Correct. Obviously any engine mods that affect emissions are going to void the warranty. But many times if said equipment is removed then warranty is back in play. But, individual dealers can be picky/choosey if they so desire with all aspects of warranty claims. . One dealer close by can choosey to refuse to work on any suspension/brakes/or anything that would involve removing an aftermarket wheel to perform any warranty work. Warranty isn't voided, but unless you put the stock wheels back they choosy to no touchy. That has nothing to do with emissions. But is a warranty issue. (I don't use that dealer anymore)
Before I install a bypass filter on a vehicle which I fully own but they warranty I need to see if it is okay with said dealer/shop manager. I'd hate to have something happen to my engine (not that ED rigs have issues!) and have the dealer say my warranty is no good because I have stuff installed. A bypass filter would have nothing to do with emissions. I'm taking mine in for an oil change and I'll ask.
BTW, I have installed dozens of bypass Lubrifinders on multiple different vehicles. IMHO a bypass filter is a must on diesels whether they are smogged or not.

We may think it's our vehicle because we have a pink slip for it, but if it's under warranty then you can say FCA owns it also. Ditto with the EPA/CARB as they have a firm grip on your vehicle. And that firm grip will tighten as we go down the road.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
The ideal would be if there was factory authorized bypass filter kit available. Fat chance on that happening. These things should come from the factory with a bypass filter system.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Wishful thinking, the Only trucks with Bypass are on commercial lines class5+....every truck 1500-5500 Dsl I've owned I had to add it.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
LOL, back in the day for the price of one of these small bypass filters for the ED I could mount and plumb 3-4 huge lubrifinders on my equipment. Astronomically expensive.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
PatP, any pictures you would like to share.